10.

Chapter ten

September 30th, 1943

Avalon Island isn't a name you hear much nowadays. Rather, very few are aware of the myth that circulated the medieval times. The island was said to be located in British Isles, hidden by a spell to ward off any unworthy to take step on the island.

The story of Avalon originated in the times of King Arthur. Muggle parents used to tell the story of Avalon Island to keep their children from running off outside too late. According to the tale, every night, dark witches and wizard, bearing the symbol of Avalon, loomed about in the shadows of the night with purpose to avenge their dead leader that was supposedly killed by an unknown muggle man. They seeked blood and didn't hesitate to kill anyone they deemed unworthy.

Though, the Ministries of Magic all over the world had considered this a simple folk tale in the seventeenth century. Some believed that Avalon and it's secrets were purposely kept hidden, in order to keep magical folk away from its darkness.

Avalon was, according to various myths and legends, an Island, one that is most probably a part of Britain now. It was ruled by the dark sorceresss of Merlin's time, Morgan le Fey, or more commonly known as, Morgana. It was said to be a magical place Morgana fled to after a battle between her and Merlin. The Island of Avalon had taken her under refuge and provided her with what she needed to recover. Afterwards, she became its ruler.

During the time, it is said Morgana found a jewel in the heart of Avalon, claiming it as her own. This jewel was the main and most important secret of Avalon. Legends say that the jewel contained a hidden power that protected Morgana and all those associated with her, while others say that Morgana had embedded it with magic herself, before creating a golden armour around it to shield the magic from breaking out of the jewel and as an easy way to carry it with her.

According to myths, this jewel had been destroyed with the death of Morgana, but it's history didn't end there. A few years later, dark witches and wizards that belonged to Morgana's circle believed that the jewel still existed. Carrying a symbol lookinh exactly as the jewel did, they seeked out the jewel.

In the seventeenth century, about ten centuries after the demise of Morgana, a group of witches and wizards claimed that they had sighted an ancient artifact similar in appearance to that of the jewel mentioned in the legends. Soon as the number of sightings began to grow and people began to panic, fearing what the jewel could do to the wizarding world, the Ministries of Magic all around the world conducted investigations, but all in vain. In the end, it was declared that these were false sightings of people simply growing too panicked. Though, some still believe that the jewel has been passed down the generations of Morgana.