60.

Chapter 60

February 21st, 1947

February 21st, 1947

Leanne Bellwood sighed aggressively, clenching her jaw as she listened to what her minion had to say. Ever since recently, she had been doubting Grindelwald's plans, and could anyone blame her? With the risky Hogwarts fiasco having just occurred, she was ready to hear the news of Grindelwald's capture. Had she known he was such a reckless man, she would have never made a deal with him in the first place, because now she couldn't help but wonder if she would get what she wanted, or a one way ticket to Azkaban.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" the elf asked, quivering in his place.

"I think it's a terrible idea," Leanne admitted. "But what can I say before him?"

The elf nodded, his eyes shifting to the ground. His legs were still shivering, he noticed. It was a daily occurrence at this point. Grindelwald had been sending many messages through him, and he was to always meet his mistress at this very spot behind a floral shop. He, too, had been growing nervous. At this rate, Grindelwald was brewing a potion of destruction.

"Jemsy," Leanne suddenly said. "I want you to go home and pack my bags."

Jemsy looked up in surprise. "Madam?"

"I can't risk it. Let this carry out, we'll watch from afar this time. If he get caught, I won't follow behind him, though. There are many other ways to get the necklace."

Night had fallen over Hogwarts quite peacefully tonight. The skies were clear, the wind gentle, the castle soundless. It was one of those rare yet deceiving occurrences that made everything seem okay. The moon smiled bitterly, if only. Ravenclaw tower stood hauntingly silent, as though afraid the slightest sound or movement would trigger chaos.

Myrtle wrung her fingers together, peaking around the corner of the wall ever so often to ensure she didn't miss even the shifting of a dust particle. Her knee bounced up and down, stopping every now and then out of the fear that she would hit the wall. It was the first time she had been so... involved in something. She didn't want to mess up, not when this included Cerys. She let out a breath, pushing her glasses up her nose.

She jumped out of her skin when she heard the creaking of a door. Pressing against the wall, pressing her lips together. She couldn't get caught. Her eyes caught onto the shadow approaching her on the floor, breath catching in her throat. Mumbling could be heard from the stairs as Zamoir made his way down, she was sure it was Zamoir. As the mumbling faded, she peered around the corner catching a glimpse of Zamoir's dark figure. He seemed to be headed for the fireplace. Myrtle's eyes squinted as she tried getting a better view of the boy take something out of his pocket. Before she could, he lit the fireplace, forcing her back into her hiding spot.