66.

Chapter Sixty Six

February 25th, 1947

February 25th, 1947

     Cerys breathed heavily as she stared down the dark wizard before her. He looked nothing but amused at her antics. From the corner of her eye, she could see Tom with her necklace in his fist. He stood to Grindelwald's left, much closer to him than he was her.

He didn't waste a minute longer to raise his want as well. There was no appariting now, not when one of the five wizards could grab onto him in a minute. Gillert seemed to plan to go after her, not paying Tom a single glance as his men observed the teenaged boy carefully.

Grindelwald let out a low chuckle. "There's no escaping. Wouldn't you think it smarter to surrender already?"

She didn't respond. Her fingers only curled around her wand tighter.

"I guess that's a no." And all hell broke loose. Bright lights exploded from the area. Cerys didn't know who was doing what, all she knew was she was dodging with her life. She hissed when heat brushed past her face.

She swung her wand from right to left to put up a shield. Her eyes briefly flew to Tom, who only seemed farther than the last time. They were purposely trying to keep them separated. Her shield went down and she was back to throwing and blocking spells.

Getting a plan together now seemed to be impossible...

Cerys gasped when a beam of white light whizzed past her head and hit one of Grindelwald's men square in the face. The spells ceased. She whipped her head back, wide eyes locking onto an unfamiliar face several meters away.

It didn't take long to realize that the Ministry of Magic had arrived, not with all the auras that apparited one by one behind the eldest man.

Grindelwald let out a loud laugh. "Leonard. My, my, what a surprise!"

Leonard... Cerys thought. It was the Minister of Magic.

"That's enough, Grindelwald," he spoke.

Cerys was about to take a step back, but in the blink of an eye vines snapped around her legs. She shrieked and the fighting began once more. Her wand swung down to her feet to cut off the vines. Narrowly dodging a spell, she ducked down. A frustrated groan escaped her lips when she felt the pressure of the vines around her ankles once more.

In moments, she was flat on the ground.

"For Merlin's sake," she gritted as she kicked at the cursed plants. Her gaze raised up to the fighting, squinting due to the various lights. Fortunately, she caught onto the man creeping near her. Oh, no you don't. With the flick of her wand, he was unconscious on the ground.

"Grahamm!" Her head snapped back to the auras trying to reach her as she fought the vines nipping at her feet. Here everyone was, fighting the baddies, and then there was her, struggling in the grasp of these relentless little weeds.