21.

Chapter Twenty One

December 5th, 1943

December 5th, 1943

    "Cerys..." Cerys turned around, everyone around her pitch black as her name echoed in her ears. "Cerys..." 

    Furrowing her eyebrows, she could've sworn she heard that voice before. Warm and welcoming, kind and soft... motherly even.

   "Cerys..." This time, it wasn't a female voice. No. It was a male's, again, familiar.

   "Where—where are you?" Cerys said, wincing when her own words echoed back to her in loud waves. Where am I?

   "Cerys..." This voice was utterly familiar. The witch's back stiffened, her muscles tending up considerably when she realized the source of the voice was right behind her. Spinning around, she came face to face with the boy that she loved with all her life but would haunt her dreams for the rest of eternity.

   "William." She breathed out, her wife eyes gaging the sight in front of her.

   The little boy's lips wobbled, tears welling up in his brown eyes. "We miss you." His trembling words shot straight to her heart. "Do you miss us?"

   Cerys, while swallowing thickly, sunk down to her knees, taking William's chubby cheeks into her hands. "Of course I do." She whispered, her eyes becoming moist. "I miss you so much."

    "Do you, Cerys?" William's lips remained unmoving, the words were much more rough, matured. Looking over the boy's shoulder, Cerys was shook to her core when she saw her dead parents standing in the dark back ground, making their way towards them.

   "I—you." She choked out.

   "Do you really miss us, Cerys." Spoke her father.

   Her brows knitted together as she nodded slowly. "Of—of course I do." She whispered.

    "Then why are you betraying us like this." It was her mother that spoke this time. Disappointment was evident in her eyes, speaking volumes itself.

   "I don't understand. What do you mean?"

   "She means me." Turning around, Cerys' eyes met with Tom's, a Cheshire like grin on his face. Glancing back and forth between her family and the youthful dark lord, Cerys was still confused.

   "You're easing yourself around him. You're too relaxed. Tell me, Cerys, have you forgotten who he really is?" Her mother asked, shaking her head as William cowered behind her.

   "I—I'm trying to help."

   "Are you, Cerys?" Her father questioned, his hand scratching William's head soothingly. "What have you been doing other than spending your time with the enemy? Are you sure you even consider him the enemy anymore?"