9.

Chapter Nine

September 29, 1943

September 29, 1943

   "Just get into the sixth year they said, it'll be all fun and games they said." Fabula grumbled as she furiously wrote down an essay for transfiguration while Cerys let out a sigh, running a hand through her hair. She, too, was vigourously working on her homework in the library, that was mostly filled with students of the sixth and seventh year.

   "Woah." The voice of Alphard suddenly sounded, causing both girls to glance up at him. "What happened to you?"

   He was referring to Fabula's dishevelled state. Her hair, that was usually in a neat ponytail, was all over the place—the pony hanging low on her head, various pieces of frizzy hair sticking out. Her uniform was lacking its tidiness, the tie lazily done, her skirt wrinkled and shirt loosely tucked in. It was a rare sight to see Fabula Bulstrode so unkept. She liked to keep herself sleek and proper; even a hair out of place was unacceptable for her.

   Bulstrode scowled at the boy with glasses, telling him very clearly not to mention her current state. Letting out a small chuckle, Alphard put his hands up, gazing through the window at the ceiling when the sky rumbled lightly, indicating an up coming storm.

    It was a gloomy day at Hogwarts. Thick, grey clouds blanketed the sky, acting as a veil over the sun. They looked ready to burst at any given moment and shower their ocean of tears over Hogwarts. A light wind blew every now and then, whistling soft nothings into ears, rustling the leaves of trees and carrying the refreshing scent of rain with it.

A sigh left Black's lips as he sat down besides Cerys, placing his books on the table with a thump. He placed his cheek on his hand, glancing at Cerys' paper subtly.

"Write your own essay, Black." Alphard jumped when Cerys slapped her hand against the parchment, the wizard giving her a small smile as his cheeks heated up.

"Come on! I just wanted to see it!"

Fabula scoffed from the other side. "And then copy it."

"That was one time!"

"Yeah, this year!" Cerys chuckled, shaking her head.

"Oh, don't flatter yourself Bulstrode, I can easily do my homework with my incredible brains."

   "Yeah, incredibly stupid."

   An offended gasp was heard by Alphard and Cerys watched with amusement. "I can't believe you!" He exclaimed before letting out a small hmph and turning his head away.

   "Aw, are your feelings hurt, Black?" Cerys teased, earning a dirty look.

   "Yeah, take sides with her. I see how it is. I shouldn't even be surprised, no one's ever loved me in the first place." Wiping a fake tear, Alphard turned his back to the two girls. Cerys and Fabula rolled their eyes playfully.