19.

Chapter Nineteen

November 8th, 1943

November 8th, 1943

    The quiet chattering of students echoed through the potions classroom, the latest topic of the day being the petrified student. Of course, in a room full of Slytherins, you could guess they were all very happy.

'Mudblood deserved it."

'Can't believe Dumbledore allows mudbloods like him in Hogwarts. They deserve it.'

'I wonder who did it?'

'He deserves a medal, he does.'

   From the corner of her eye, Cerys could see a ghost of a smile quirk up Riddle's lips from besides her. He was enjoying this. His eyes snapped up to meet hers, his smirk only widening as he saw her glare.

   "Is there a problem, Grahamm?" He asked, amusement lingering in his eyes.

   "Actually, yes there is." She said. "If you could kindly move over, your presence is suffocating."

   The comment didn't bother him, and nor did he step to the side, staying rooted in his spot. "I hope you have what I asked for."

   "I do, but I have a condition." Cerys replied.

   Tom raised an eyebrow. "Do you really think you're in the position to negotiate?"

   He earned only a shrug in return.

   "I may consider your offer if you tell me." Tom reluctantly said. He wasn't in the mood to argue with the girl, and if he could easily get the book from her— willingly— it would be better.

   Cerys lowered her voice, eyes flickering around the room to see if anyone was listening. "You'll stop with your petrifying." Her eyes were hardened, telling Tom she was expecting her offer to be accepted, unless he didn't want the book.

    "And what if I don't."

   "I'll give you the book." Cerys said casually before quickly adding. "While it's burning."

   "You'd burn ancient history?"

   "To get on your nerves? A hundred times over."

   Tom let out a quiet huff, maybe he could give the girl false hope. "Alright, I'll agree. But I want that book by tonight."

   "Curfew is at six, if you remember, no thanks to you."

   "I'll make sure you aren't caught." Tom said with a nod.

   "Abusing your power, Riddle?" Cerys teased. "Not a very good student, how are you?"

   Tom rolled his eyes. "Shut up." Cerys chuckled. Soon enough, Slughorn came waltzing into the class in his usual jolly state, causing Tom to roll his eyes once more.