Dont follow the rules pt 1

This lowkey makes me cringe because it's nowhere near the level of outfits I wear to consider alt or goth but they have to wear uniforms so I had to dial it down a little bit! I feel like some schools would crucify me if they saw my outfits
~~~~~~~

I sighed as my alarm clock rang annoyingly in my ear. I turned over and smacked the top of it to shut it up.
"I hate school!" I groaned aloud.
After much deliberation and trying to convince myself to stay home, I got up and went to the bathroom.
I brushed my teeth and hair, put on makeup and walked to my closet.
I grabbed my uniform and put it on quickly.
After that I put a thick black belt on, a chain, threw a pair of black doc martens on and threw my hair up into a high ponytail. This was about as much as the school will allow me to make the uniform we have to wear my own style. I sighed as I hated the maroon flat skirt with my outfit.
I could just wear my black skater skirt.
I couldn't do that. I'd get in trouble. I've already gotten detention way too many times for it.
But it would look so cute.
I finally caved on myself and slipped the red skirt off. I threw on my black one and readjusted the belt.
"That is so much better."
I nodded at my own reflection and walked downstairs.
"Gotta go mom! Gonna be late!" I actually was going to be late.
"Bye sweetheart! Have a good day."
She called from the kitchen, not getting to see how I was dressed.
"Bye mom!"
I walked out of the house and jogged down the couple stairs we had on our front porch.
I made my way to school after slinging my bag over my shoulder and high tailing it.

"Ms. L/n you know the rules. That skirt is not permitted." The teacher crossed her arms as I walked into the classroom.
"It's a skirt Mrs. S, not a machine gun."
"And it's against the rules. You know them, very well I may add."
"I'm sorry Mrs. S but I'm tired of wearing maroon head to toe everyday. It's a simple black skirt."
"It's far too short."
"It's really not short at all."
"Ms. L/n would you please stop having an attitude with me." Mrs. S was now getting mad at me.
"Sorry Mrs. S."
"Sit down y/n."
"Yes Mrs. S."

I sat down with a huff and crossed my arms. This was stupid. I felt a pair of eyes burning into my skull and I looked behind to see a supervisor, one I didn't know.
"Who's that?" I asked Mrs. S, pointing behind me.
"That is Mr. Pevensie. He's going to be my co teacher in a couple weeks."
"What?!" I asked leaning forward in my desk "but he's like 16!"
"I'm 19, darling."
"He's British too?!" I was freaking out.
"He transferred from Finchley."
"I'm gonna be honest, I have no clue where that is."
"Americans really don't know much about Europe do they?" He asked
"Well maybe just me."
"Well then maybe you should do your research."
"Eh, it's what I've got you for now." I waved him off and put my feet up on my desk.
"Hey! No feet on the desks." He snapped
"Dont snap at me!"
"Ms. L/n! He is your superior! Respect him." The teacher slammed her hands on her desk.
"Whatever."

Class was over not quickly at all and I made my way to the lunch room.
I sat down with my tray and quietly ate.
"Mind if I join you?" A familiar British voice chimed
"Sure." I said not even looking up from my food.
"Good lunch? Must be since you can't take your eyes off of it."
"Mmhm." I nodded
"You can call me Peter, by the way, that's my name."
"Cool."
"So what's your deal? Why do you hate school so much?"
"Because it's stupid. There are too many rules, too many expectations. We are kids, not robots. I hate the uniforms, I hate the rules, I hate the grades, everything."
"Okay. I see where you're coming from. How about this. Why don't you take this."
I looked up and Peter was taking off a necklace with a blue feather on the end of it.
"It was given to me, supposedly it gives you confidence and pride. You can have it."
"I couldn't take that. That looks really valuable."
"Only to the person who wears it."
I looked at him then at the necklace.
"I can't wear it. It's against the school rules."
"Havent you already broken code today?" He tilted his head and smirked
"I guess."
"Then wear it! And whenever you see it, think of me. Think of me telling you that you can do this whole school thing. You can... be yourself without dressing yourself, because in turn, no one can take away your originality if you don't let them, even if you wear the same clothes."
I nodded and reached for the necklace.
"Let me." He insisted. I turned around and lifted my hair.
He fidgeted with the necklace lock a little bit. I felt his warm soft hands graze my neck every so often when he shifted to lock it. My skin tingled.
"There. Perfect."
I turned back around and he smiled.
"Looks good." I complimented.
"Yes it does." He agreed.
The bell rang and I sighed
"Back to class." I groaned and got up begrudgingly.
"Hey, I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"
"Tomorrows Saturday?"
"Right." He laughed "see you Monday."
"Yeah, see you Monday."