Stay safe thats an order pt 4

"You did what?" Peter asked quietly
I looked down as I removed my hand from the proposal letter.
"I kept it. I didn't want you to see it."
"Why not?" He laughed
I looked at him shyly and then looked away.
"Because I was jealous." I grumbled.
"Jealous? Why?"
"Because shes pretty and smart and I don't want you to marry some random girl! You need someone who can work with you. Someone who can understand you and want to be with you because they love you!"
"So you?"
"Not even that! Yes I would love for it to be me, trust me, but also as your friend and as your noblewoman I have to tell you what's best for you. And this," I grabbed the letter and held it up "is not what's best for you. I know you Peter. This isn't you. Arraigned marriage just isn't you."
"But you want it to be you right?"
"Peter that's not my point."
"But it's my point." Peter walked closer and took the letter out of my hands. He set it on the desk and then clasped his hands over mine "Do you love me?" He asked looking into my eyes
"Peter..." I sighed looking away I'm whatever direction I could "that's not fair."
"Why not?"
"Because, you know it's complicated."
"What's so complicated about it? I know I love you."
"Peter it's a lot more than that. It's about our jobs and our lives. Our friends and family. It's about our own conflict of interest. How am I or you supposed to be able to do our jobs if we are in our own way?"
"I'm sure we could figure it out."
"And what about Lady King? She seems so interested in you."
"I thought you said it wasn't good for me?"
"It's not but..."
"Why are you so keen on anything but us together?"
"Because it's not supposed to happen."
"On the contrary I think it is."
"How do you know that? What if we are just ruining our relationship?"
"Then that's a chance I'm willing to take. And it's not gonna ruin it if we actually try. Work together. Love is the effort you put in." I sighed and looked at him. "Come on y/n. Imagine it. Us... together... the dates we'd go on. Picnics, beach walks, sneaking around the castle."
"A kiss every time you come get your mail?" I asked with a laugh
"Especially that." He pointed to me and nodded
"Okay fine! Fine! I'll let myself have just this one thing." I smiled.
He walked closer and put his arms around my waist. He pushed a small strand of hair away from my eyes and then leaned in to kiss me which I happily accepted.
I hummed in enjoyment and tried to stay connected to his soft lips for a second longer before he pulled away.
"You smell fantastic." I hummed as I put my head on his shoulder.
"Well thank you love."
"I really like that nickname."
He grabbed my hand and played with my fingers for a moment.
"Yeah?" He asked looking down at me.
"You called me it a while ago. At that time we weren't like this but it still makes me feel the same."
"Well I guess I know your weakness then." He kissed my forehead and I separated from him.
"Okay, I'm tired. I should probably get some sleep. You need to send Lady King a rejection letter."
He groaned and whined.
"God how am I supposed to do that?"
"I don't know. You'll figure it out, you are the king." I nodded.
"God I hate my job." He pouted.
I just laughed and sent him on his way out the door.
"You'll do fine, my king." I kissed him quickly and he blushed at the name, now laced with new intentions. "Goodnight!" I sang and closed the door.
"Oh come on you can't just-" his words were cut off by the giant heavy wood door.
"He's such a dork."

I hopped into bed after finding what was most comfortable for me. I finished a couple letters and some coordinations before getting into the big puffy bed. I laid down and punched my pillow a time or two to get it right. I closed my eyes when I got a whiff of a smell. I opened my eyes and saw that peter had left his shirt here earlier. The blue one I really enjoyed. He must have left it on accident. I smiled at it and pulled it into me guiltily.
"It's just one time. And he'll never know." I tucked it under my chin and held it close to me. I closed my eyes and imagined what he looked like in it. I smiled at the mental image and felt myself drift off.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." A small voice whispered. I felt rough fingers drift across my cheek. I smiled and opened my eyes to see Peter looking down at me.
"Mmm... hi."
"Is that my shirt?" He pointed with a smirk.
My eyes widened and I pushed the shirt away.
"W-what? Oh-oh yeah you left it in here last night." I chuckled trying to play it off.
"It's fine, I think it's cute."
"Well I think you look cute in it."
"I'll wear it tomorrow then."
"Good. I expect it to be so."
"Uh huh. Don't expect me to not think you're flustered right now. It's cute." He kissed my cheek and turned to the door. "Breakfast in ten minutes!" He called
I groaned and threw the blanket around me.
"I love you but I really don't care."
"I love you too." He walked out of the room and closed the door.

Peters POV
"She's hopeless. She'll never get up." I laughed at my siblings who had been in the dining hall for half an hour now.
"Just let her sleep. She needs it." Susan shook her head.
"Yeah probably after the night she had last night." Lucy giggled to her plate.
"What do you mean lu?" Edmund asked
"Peter went into y/ns room last night and when he left she kissed him. I saw them after my bath." Lucy shrugged her shoulders.
Edmund choked on his toast and Susan's eyes went wide.
"You finally said something?" Susan asked.
"Yes. We did. And no we didn't do anything weird. We just talked. And maybe kissed a couple times."
Lucy smiled wide and Edmund gave a look of death. Susan just scoffed and went back to her breakfast.
"I mean it took you long enough to man up and ask her."