Cool pt 2

I feel like most of my old one shots are going to get a part two! I feel like I used to write so incomplete 😭
~~~~~~~~
"Peter! Wait up!" Susan called as she placed her hand on her brothers shoulder. He turned to look at her and watched her face for answers.
"You can't be comfortable with her right?" She asked
"Who? Y/n?"
"Yes! It's weird!"
"'It'? You mean 'her'?"
"Oh come on!! Y/ns a shapeshifter! Is y/n really anything other than an 'it'."
"Yes! Are you seriously going to be that rude?!" Peters face contorted in anger and disgust towards his sister.
"I'm not being rude I'm being logical!"
"We don't have ROOM to be LOGICAL anymore! This is Narnia! Everything is thrown out the window!"
"But how?! It doesn't make sense! We walk through a coat closet and end up walking through a snowy forest led by a shapeshifting fox girl!" She scoffed
"Yes I know... I was there. Y/n is nice. She's soft spoken, polite and she looks out for people. She's not going to hurt anyone." Peter swiped his hands in hopes to wrap up the tense argument.
"Okay okay!" Susan put her hands up in surrender and turned to walk away. Peter sighed as he walked in the opposite direction to complete the task he started after before Susan stopped him.
Peter walked down by the river to pull a cage up from the water.
"Wow. These things really work!" Peter laughed. He pulled out a couple fish and some crustaceans, threw them into a carrier and walked back to her house.
"I got the stuff!" He shouted as he reached the back yard. Y/n looked and then stood up with a smile.
"Awesome! Thank you so much!" She threw her arms around his waist and squeezed quickly.
"Y-yeah. No problem." He chuckled.
"I just finished pulling up the lettuce and Lucy and Edmund are in the back picking the berries. Can you let them know I'm inside when they come up?"
"Sure! This stuff looks delicious!"
"Thank you! I take pride in my work." She smiled ip at him, her eyes getting smaller as her wife smile pushed her cheeks up.
He just nodded and watched as she walked inside with the ingredients collected.
Not long after, the two youngest siblings walked out of the garden and to their oldest sibling.
"Y/ns inside already. She just headed in. I assume she's in the kitchen." He pointed with a thumb to the house.
"Alright." They all walked into the house to look at the kitchen.
"How is it just as beautiful inside?!" Lucy whispered to her dark haired older brother. Edmund just shrugged and continued to look around.
"I'm over here!" Y/n shouted presumably from the kitchen.
They all walked into the kitchen and Lucy giggled.
"How did you know we could hear you?"
"I got these bad boys." She pointed to her fox ears that sat on top of her head. They parted her hair around them and twitched as she touched them.
"So how much can you mix fox and human?"
"Ed-" Peter started
"I mean like can you do ears and tail, ears tail and nose, lower half fox upper half human?"
"Ed!"
"What?! It's just a question!"
"He's alright! He can ask as much as he wants! I assume you guys haven't seen someone like me before." She suggested shyly
"Not... exactly..." Peter tried to soften the blow of their naivety"okay no we haven't."
"Ask away while I cook!"
She started chopping the veggies and lettuce while they asked more and more questions.
"So how do you exactly pair up with someone?" Edmund asked handing her the salt.
"What do you mean?"
"Edmund I don't think that's a question you should be asking." Peter scolded
"It's purely species based of course!" He defended and then turned back to the fox girl "like do you have to be with another fox person. Or can you be with anyone? And if you do what's the chance your kids will be like you?"
"Well I mean my parents are both like me. But I dont think I have to be with someone like me. As for possible kids, I assume they'd just me a mix of me and whoever I'm with." She shrugged. Y/n dried the lettuce and watched the filleting fish as it cooked.
"So have you ever been in love?" Lucy asked sitting down.
"Lucy now that's just personal." Edmund shook his head.
"It's alright. Personal is good." The fox nodded "but if you must know, I have not."
"Why not?"
"Lu-" Peter wanted to tell
"It's alright! Like I said, personal is good. And as for your question I don't really know. Maybe it's because I just haven't found the person im meant to be with, or maybe I just haven't realized who im supposed to be with."
"Because you're supposed to be in love with Peter."
Peter choked on his drink he had just taken a sip of.
"Okay. Questions over." Edmund shook his head as he stood. "Lucy why don't you come with me and help me... find Susan."
"Oh okay."
They both walked out and left Peter and I alone.
"Do you uh... need help with anything?" Peter asked.
"Um. If you want to wash the berries that would be great." I clapped my hands together in front of my lap awkwardly.
"Yeah sure!" Peter moved quickly to move on from the multiple awkward encounters that just happened. I pulled the fish off the heat and played the lettuce.
"I guess we can just put the berries and veggies in bowls so people can pick what they like."
"Okay. Where are your bowls?"
"Oh! Here!" I opened the cabinet and reached to the top. My fingers tried to make it there but just barely made it.
"I got it." Peter said walking up to my back and reaching over me, but before he could I latched onto the bowls and brought them down. I turned quickly and met his eyes.
"Oh... sorry." I mumbled.
"It's alright."
I looked into his eyes and he looked back but neither of us moved.
"Oh, did you... need something?" I asked
"N-no. Just-just backing away." Peter stepped back and walked back to the berries. She set the bowls down and walked back to the fish
Peter set the bowls out and filled each one with something different.
He sighed and placed his hands flat on the counter.
"I lied." Peter piped
"I'm sorry?" Y/n turned to peter to hear him better.
"I lied, when you asked if I needed something."
"What is it?"
"You." Peter was blunt unlike he had ever been before. He don't know what rose in him but he felt the need to be honest
"Oh...are you feeling okay? Need me to get anything for you?" Y/n was more naive than she'd like to believe about love and all things lust.
"Not like that." He sighed "when we were close... I wanted to kiss you."
"Oh." She was shocked and couldn't find anything else to say.
"I'm sorry if that was blunt. I just-"
"No no! You're fine." She flailed her hands in hopes he understood.
"Are you sure? I'm usually not so forward."
"I'm positive!" She smiled with her hands behind her back.
"Okay good because I didn't want to make it even more awkward." She sighed and looked down at the floor.
She took a couple steps forward and looked up at him.
"You can." She answered
"What?"
"You can if you want to."
"Can what?" She just looked at him till the process was complete in his brain and he realized what I meant "Oh. Oh okay." He stuttered forward and leaned in.
She took the last couple inches into her own hands and connected their lips. Her tail swayed back and forth as they separated.
"That was nice." She smiled
"It was." He agreed.
The others came back in and we all sat down to eat.
Y/n saw Peter glance at her and she wasn't the only one who noticed.
"Alright we'll Im stuffed so I'm going to go lay down." Susan informed after she cleared her throat. She gave Ed a look and he knew what it meant.
"Me too. And besides I should probably help Lucy get ready for bed." He patted her head.
"When have you ever helped me get ready-"
Edmund laughed and covered her mouth
"She's just being funny! It's a running joke." He explained to y/n "she loves to pretend I never help her!"
"You don't." Lucy fired back. He laughed obnoxiously again and escorted her away.
"Come on. Off we go!"
The three other kids found their ways to walk away leaving the two new lovers to themselves.
"Um. Dinner was amazing. Thank-thank you." Peter coughed up some words
"You're welcome! Thank you for helping me." She smiled so hard her eyes started to disappear. Her ear twitched and she patted them to calm them down.
"It was no problem. I'm glad we got to spend time together. And I'm glad we kissed." Again he was being blunt. He didn't know where the courage came from but he was liking it.
"M-me too." She chuckled.
"Do you need me to help clean up?"
"Sure that would be lovely."
They both got up, scooting their chairs loudly away from them as they picked up plates.
They ran them to the sink and put away food into the fridge.
"Here." Peter said as she turned to him. He held out a plate and she grabbed for it. As she did her hands brushed over his, almost holding them tenderly. They both stopped and looked at each other. Peter leaned over and kissed her nose.
"You're cute." He whispered.
"Thank you," she whispered back, her glinting eyes watching him. "Come on. We should head to bed." She suggested as he let go of the plate so she could put it in the sink.
"Yes. Of course."