Mermaid on the land pt 1

King peter... just king peter. His blonde swishy hair and those eyes. Bluer than the sea I endlessly swim in. You'd think I'd be sea sick but not when it comes to the ones in his eyes. He's so perfect. I watch sometimes as he walks along the waters edge, bare feet in the sand always.
I smile when he sits and let's the waves wash over his toes. I decided that I wanted to see him in person. I waited for my necklace to turn from a sea blue to a lighter-than-kelp green. I groaned as my tail separated into two fleshy noddles humans called legs.

Today was a celebration for something. I decided to buy a dress and walk into the party. I wore a red dress with some flats as my sea legs were not ready for heels just yet. I stepped into the beautiful castle and was greeted by a couple people. I waited patiently for Peter to make his soft welcome to me. I watched as he greeted others and soon he saw me. He walked over gallantly and greeted me.
"The pleasure is all mine, your majesty." I praised.
"Oh I don't need that, thank you though. I don't believe we've ever met. I swear I know all narnians across the land. I'm so sorry that I do not recognize you."
"Well then your swears are true as ever. I am not from the land. I'm a mermaid."
"A mermaid?"
"Yes your majesty."
"Well that's spectacular." He smiled. I blushed a bright red and looked around and caught the figure of someone else.
"Oh my days."
"What is it? Are you okay?"
"Umm... yeah... I just... Ive spotted my ex. That's always awkward."
"Your ex huh? Who's the horrible man who broke your heart?"
"The one with the long brown hair over there."
"Caspian?!"
"I'm afraid so."
"Wow, I didn't know he had an ex."
"There's a lot you don't know about him then." I mumbled to myself knowing of the child he abandoned.
"What was that?"
"Oh nothing! Just speaking to myself."
"Ah yes well. I should be off to greet more guests. I'll see you around...ummm..."
"Y/n."
"Y/n. I'll see you around."
He walked off and I tried to escape the gaze of caspian.

"Well fancy seeing you here." A voice rang as I watched the sea waves crash in the night blue rays.
"Well, I am everywhere." I giggled
"Good. I meant to find you. I wanted to talk to you because you seem like an interesting character. So tell me more about yourself."
"Well I grew up in the sea, I do everything a mermaid does and happen to have a mortal enemy prince as an ex boyfriend. Seems like a normal life doesn't it?"
"Totally. Like how I went from being a normal boy in a completely different world to becoming the king in a magical land where animals can talk and mermaids can grow legs and walk on land."
I laughed at his sarcasm and nodded.
"Point taken."
"Can you tell me about your relationship with caspian?"
"Well, when I was thirteen I met him for the first time. He was walking on the wrong path and accidentally fell into the sea. I saved him and he found out i did it. He ended up coming back every day for months until I agreed to go out with him. Then he would sneak me into the castle. We dated for about three years and it was pretty serious."
"How serious?"
"Very serious."
"Did you guys ever... do it?"
"Do it? What are we seven?" Peter blushed "But if you must know. Yes we had sex."
"Did anything happen?"
"Are you wondering if I had a kid with caspian?"
"It's a valid thought!"
"Yes. I had a baby with caspian. Unexpectedly and unplanned. Caspian found out and he got furious. He said he couldn't keep them in the castle so he completely cut me off. I've raised my daughter for three years alone."
"Wow. I'm so sorry about that."
"It's alright. I've been okay."
"Can I meet them?"
"Oh, you want to meet my daughter?"
"Id love to meet her."
"Okay. I'll bring her around tomorrow."
"That's perfect."
"I'll see you tomorrow then. I should go. I got to put her to bed."
"Alright. See you tomorrow."