Theres always a guy pt 1

Modern AU/College AU/Room mate AU
~~~~~~~~~~
My phone rang as I jumped out of bed, ready to clear my dorm room for the year.
I answered the phone without seeing who it was.
"Hey bestie!" My best friend, f/n, cheered over the phone.
"Hi! What's up?"
"Nothing just clearing out my room."
"Me too."
I walked out of the room to our kitchen. I passed my three dorm mates rooms and saw theirs were barren.
"How has she still not cleaned out her room?" I heard a scowling voice chastise my decorated room.
"I heard that Peter!"
I got a raised eyebrow from my best friend over the phone and I silently told her to cut it out.
I walked over to him as he held a box in his hands. He hadn't even put a shirt on before he filed things out of the dorm and into the hallway. My heart palpitated when I noticed.
"Can you please help. I have so much stuff to take down."
"You should have started at least three days ago."
"I'm sorry I was swamped with finals!"
"You finished your finals on Friday.... It's Wednesday."
"How do you know that?"
"I stayed up to print out your notes!"
It hit me like a brick.
"You're the one who did all that?"
His face blanked.
"Shit." He cursed under his breath.
"You did that? For me? Why didn't you say anything? I was talking them up to you all weekend! You're the only reason I passed that final!"
"I liked you not knowing! And I got my compliments from you, you just didn't know you were complimenting me!" He laughed.
"Seriously Peter! You should have said something."
He just shrugged.
"I don't think I needed to."
That confused my heart. Because I know he didn't like me in the way I liked him but he wouldn't do something like that if he only had friendly feelings, right? He was so confusing, because he remembered everything about me, he complimented me when I dressed up, he was so kind when he asked for favors, always offered to pay for meals and even drove me around when I asked. He was too nice for just a friend.
"Well thank you. Regardless if you want it or not."
He just smiled and my phone made a funny noise.
"I'm still here."
"Oh! F/n!" I turned my attention back to my bestie
"Is that the famous f/n I always hear about?" Peter smiled
"In the flesh! Well... I guess not but... you get the point."
"I'm Peter! One of y/ns roommates!"
"Nice to meet you virtually! Y/n has told me a lot about you."
"F/n!" I scolded
"What?!"
"Stop it! Im hanging up now. I have to get my room done. Goodbye."
"Love you!"
I cut the line at there and felt my face grow red.
"So you talk about me?" He smirked
"Don't let your ego grow."
"I'm not. Just curious. What have you said?" He was still smirking.
"Are you gonna help me with my room or not?"
"Not until you tell me what you've said."
"Nothing! Just that you're my roommate."
"And I'm handsome and strong, on time and charismatic, I'm smart and honest."
"Keep dreaming romeo. Come on." We walked into my room which at least was clean and organized. I shoved a box into his now empty arms and told him to start throwing pillows and blankets in.
He took them off my bed and packed them into the box.
"Oh ho! What is this?! A diary?" He held up a black journal and I froze.
"Put that down Peter. Seriously. I will never talk to you again if you read that."
"Why? What's so secret?"
He grabbed the binding of the book and started to flip. I ran at him and ripped it out of his hands.
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I snapped.
"What?? I can't imagine you'd write anything that secretive! We are friends! You can tell me anything."
"Not the stuff in this." I clutched the book to my chest.
"Okay. Jesus. I didn't know you'd freak like that. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pried. I didn't know it was so personal. We just usually aren't so secretive with each other."
"I know. Just... this stuff no one hears."
"Not even f/n?" He teased
"Okay well f/n hears everything." I smiled
"Exactly."
"Shut up. You're just jealous I have a bestie and you don't."
"Just for that, I'm gonna make f/n my bestie."
"You're so rude."
"No, I'm just good and that pisses you off."
"Absolutely it does you British fuck."
"Wow... British fuck. That's a new one!"
"I like it. Now are you gonna help me or what?"
"Yeah here." He pulled down the shelf I had in my room and started to pack it away.

"You guys almost done?!" Another roommate shouted from the hall as they started to wheel boxes out to the respective cars.
"Yeah!" We shouted in unison and tapped the last box shut.
"Good." He snapped back.
"Oh whatever! You aren't Mr Perfect!"
"I'm still better than you and that's all that counts!" I flipped him off through the wall even though I knew he couldn't see it.
Peter smiled at me, amused by my actions and helped me carry boxes out to my car.

"Well that's it. And just like that it's like you never existed in dorms!"
"Why does it sound like you're about to murder me?"
"Maybe I am." He raised a brow at me.
"Please don't. I very much like not being a captive."
"Dang it. Plans foiled!"
"If only that's how it really worked, we wouldn't be on the track to law right now."
"Very true little judge to be."
"Okay mr wanna be lawyer."
"I'm gonna be a lawyer."
"And I don't doubt it with that loud mouth of yours!" I booped his nose and he frowned at me. "Aww! You'll be okay." I fixed his fringe and rubbed his arm.
"Promise me you're coming back next year?"
"Where else would I be going?" I laughed as I closed the trunk
"I know. Just... I'm already missing you."
"That sounds a tad bit like you have separation issues."
"Maybe I do."
I pulled him in for a hug and tried to etch into my mind what it felt like.
"See you next year." I mumbled to him still in the hug