Sad birthday

Requested by anonymous
Modern AU
Y/n/n- your nickname or funny text name
His majesty- Peter
Nerd-Susan
Sweet Angel-Lucy
Emo- Edmund
This one's a long one so strap on in 😎
~~~~~~~~
"So y/n... what are you doing for your birthday?" A girl leaned over while we were doing our daily worksheets
"Umm, I don't know yet. I just figured id do something small." I shrugged and looked back at my paper
"Small?" She snorted "That's not how I remember your birthdays."
"Well I guess it's just different now."
"You're only gonna be 17. You're not a changed woman." She chuckled
"Whatever." I tsked and shook my head feeling my anger start to bubble over.

I finally felt free as the bell rang and I stepped out of the building. I pulled out my phone to text the group chat I had with all the Pevensie kids.
I had become particularly close with them after we all had an encounter with Narnia. It started when I was watching Susan get bombarded by the worst flirting I've ever seen when Lucy rushed us to the station. Peter had gotten into yet another fight, no doubt he'd show up to school with a black eye tomorrow, and Edmund just had to step in. After the fight had broken up, the air in the station started to change. Everything felt electric and before I knew it I was in a whole different world.
The Pevensies had been there before but I was new. It was so weird to see everyone in ancient clothes. But I will not deny that Peter looked fantastic in all leather.

✨Magic Gang✨

Y/n/n- Hey, do yall want to meet up and discuss my birthday plans?

Nerd- Sure
Sweet Angel- Wanna just head to our house?
Emo-I have an after school thing so just start without me
Y/n/n- damn :(

His majesty- my teacher is talking to me so I'll be a little late
Y/n/n- ugh y'all suck

Emo- You have Susan and Lucy
Y/n/n-yeah that's only 2 of the Pevensie kids. That's a 50%! A fail!

His majesty- You should know a lot about failing Ed.
Emo- Shut up
Nerd-Just make your way over y/n. Lucy and I are almost home
Y/n/n- sounds good <3

I clicked off my phone and shoved it in my sweater pocket. Fortunately for me their house was close to the school so it was just a short walk. I walked slowly, watching the trees and seeing all the animals scamper around. I looked at those who were walking along the street and cars that passed by.
"Y/n!" I heard a voice. I turned to see Peter running to catch up. He slowed when he got to me and panted. He sucked in a huge breath and sighed
"I can't believe I actually caught up to you."
"That's pretty impressive! Although not as impressive as your swordsman skills."
"That's me in a different life." He shrugged
"I think you suit being king really well."
"Really?"
"Yeah." I smiled "i mean You're trying to be a politician in this life and a politician and king are virtually the same thing."
"I think High King on Narnia in 2303 and newbie politician in 2023 in England are two very different positions." He smiled at me.
I bumped into him playfully
"You know what I mean." I glanced at him sharply
He just laughed and looked down at my hand. He reached his pinky out and grabbed mine.
I grasped his hand in mine and felt my face flush.
"So what are you planning for your birthday?"
"I don't really know. I wanted to do something small but I have no idea what."
"Small? That's not like you."
"Is it really that surprising that I don't want a massive party?"
"No. I'm just saying it's different."
"I know." I sighed. "I'm just tired of big parties."
"That's alright. We can figure out what to do when we get home."

We stepped onto the porch and Peter let go of my hand to unlock the door.
"We're home." He called the girls and presumably his mom
I set my bag down and took off my shoes. Peter did the same and walked into the living room where Susan and Lucy were sat.
"Hey we are here."
"Oh great. That means we can start on y/ns birthday." Lucy said and pulled out her pencil pouch.