Suzie, Do You Copy? (Part 1)

"Hop, do you know where that small stack of cash I had went?" Nikki called from the kitchen of Hopper's cabin.

"Have you tried searching your room?" Hopper asked as Nikki came into the living room.

"No, but they're in there," Nikki said, looking toward the room she and El shared. "And I hear music. I don't wanna go in there."

About six months ago, Nikki had reunited with El and the boys after a year apart. Hopper took her in and adopted her after talking to Gwen about all that has happened and why it was best for Nikki to stay in Hawkins. Though Hopper didn't have much room in the cabin, he ended up buying the girls a bunk bed so that way he wouldn't have to try to find another room in the cabin.

Nikki was happy with the changes. She got to be with her sister, who she thought was dead, and she got to see the party everyday. She even got to talk to Gwen a lot with letters and phone calls. And Nikki was with Lucas. She was living the life she had been dreaming about.

But things weren't nearly as good as they could have been.

El and Nikki didn't really get back to their close relationship they had before they both vanished. Instead, they acted like actual sisters. They got along most of the time but they fought more than they did and hung out significantly less. The only times they would really be together was when they were hanging out with their friends. Even that became a problem.

Ever since Mike and El started dating, they started to stand up everyone else in their friend group constantly. Something Lucas and Nikki never tried to do.

And of course there was the whole Max situation. Nikki loved the girl and the pair became best friends pretty quickly. Meanwhile, El, for a reason she never talked about, didn't exactly like the girl. So whenever Nikki would hangout with Max, El would never come.

"Nikki," Hopper chuckled at the girl, shaking his head.

"I'm serious," Nikki moved in front of the television to talk to him. "I don't like to watch them make out so much they barely come up for air."

"I get it," Hopper nodded his head before starting to lean back in his chair.

"What..what are you doing?" Nikki's eyebrows scrunched together as Hopper leaned back further, starting to spy on Mike and El.

"Hey!" Hopper yelled and the bedroom door slammed shut. "Hey!"

Nikki stepped out of Hopper's way as he stood up from the chair and walked angrily towards the door.

"Three-inch minimum! Leave the door open three inches!" He tried to open the door to find it locked. He sighed angrily and started to bang on it. "El, open this door. Open the—"

He was cut off by the door opening and Nikki moved to stand behind him.

"What's wrong?" Mike asked innocently as both he and El sat on opposite ends of the bottom bunk with a book in their hands.

Hopper stepped in the room. Anger clear on his face but before he could blow up at them, Nikki came in to save the day.

"Mike, we have to get going to the movie now," Nikki walked in and grabbed the cash she was searching for. "Everyone's probably waiting."

"Okay," Mike sighed, gathering his things.

"Wait, why does she get to go to the movies and I can't? I am older," El said with a little bit of disgust in her voice.

"By three months and it's because he trusts me more," Nikki answered for Hopper. "And he's more protective over you. So, you're the favorite. Have fun with that."

As Nikki started to leave the house, Hopper called to her. "I don't have a favorite."

"Sure, you don't," Nikki called as she left the house. Nikki wasn't dumb. She knew El and Hopper had a better relationship due to them being under the same roof longer. It wasn't something she was angry about, she just learned to except the fact that El means a little more to him than her.

"You got your bike?" Mike asked as he grabbed his from the tree it was leaning on.

"Yup," Nikki grabbed her bike that rested against the house. She had learned how to ride a bike just a few months ago, and by going off of what Lucas said, she was a quick learner.

Mike? El's voice came through Mike's walkie talkie that was strapped on his bike.

"I'm here," he replied as he and Nikki took off down the road, heading to the mall. "My God, that was priceless! Did you see his face?"

Nikki rolled her eyes as El answered. It was like a tomato!

"Yeah, a fat tomato."

I wish I was still with you.

Nikki almost threw up. Can't they have this conversation when I'm not around. She thought.

"I know. Me too. But I'll see you tomorrow, all right? First thing."

Tomorrow.

Nikki shook her head as the static went silent.

Nikki and Lucas didn't have that kind of relationship. They respected each other's boundaries and gave each other time to hang out with their other friends. They had both seen how Mike and El's relationship had affected the group. They didn't want to be like that.

Thank god, I'm hanging out with Max tomorrow. She thought as they continued on to the mall in silence.

Authors note

Thank you guys for reading. I love season 3 so much and I'm so excited to see how this turns out.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️