The Case of the Missing Lifeguard (Part 2)

Loud music blasted in the basement of the Wheeler's household as Lucas and Mike sat up from where they were sleeping.

Lucas looked toward the music to see Will standing in his Will the Wise robe and hat with his staff in hand. "What are you doing?"

"Yeah, Will," Mike rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, "can you turn down the music?"

"Please address me by my full name," Will said in a powerful voice.

"What?"

Will stomped his staff on the floor. "My full name!"

"Oh my god," Mike sighed and shook his head. "Okay, Will the Wise, can you please turn down the music?"

"That is not music," Will continued his game. "That is the sound of destiny! I have seen the future, and I've seen that today is a new day, a day free of girls!"

"What is happening right now?" Lucas asked, still trying to wake up.

"Will, come on," Mike groaned.

Will ignored them as he set the scene for the campaign. "A tribe of villagers are under threat from an evil force from the swamps of Kuzatan."

"Will, it's so early," Mike complained, making Will stand up straight to face him.

"Is it? Is it early, Micheal? Tell that to the villagers crying for your help, the children so frightened, they cannot sleep. Are you truly going to let them perish? Or are you going to come to their rescue and become the heroes you were always meant to be?"

Mike and Lucas exchanged a look before Lucas raised his hand. "Uh, can I at least take a shower first?"

***

After Nikki finally got El to calm down, El told them about what she had saw when she was in the void with Billy. The girls then agreed to go and check on what El had saw the next day.

Hence, the reason they were walking to Max's house as thunder filled the silent air between the three girls.

"It's gonna start pouring soon," Max observed, looking at the cloudy sky above. She looked at the girls who let her be in the middle due to El and Nikki not really wanting to be near each other. "We should be at the mall or, like, watching a movie or something."

El turned her head toward the girl. "You don't believe me?"

"I believe you saw some super weird stuff, totally," Max responded before starting to think out loud, "but you said Mike has sensed you in there before, right? So maybe it was just like that. Maybe Billy just sensed you somehow."

"But the screams."

"Yeah, I know, but here's the thing. When Billy is alone with a girl, they make, like, really crazy noises."

Nikki snapped her head to Max. "Max!"

"They scream?" El questioned.

"Yeah, but, like happy screams," Max tried to explain.

"Shut up, Max," Nikki tried to warn, knowing that Hopper hadn't had the talk with her yet. Unlike her, who got that talk from Gwen.

"Happy screams?" El asked getting more and more confused. "What is happy screams?"

"Oh, my god!" Nikki put her hands over her ears out of embarrassment.

"It's like—"

"Max!" Nikki tried to interrupt her, but Max kept going anyway.

"I'm just gonna lend you my mom's Cosmo."

The girls's conversation finally died down when they arrived at Max's house.

"His car's not here," Max said, noticing how empty the front yard looked.

Nikki looked at El. "You really want to do this?"

El ignored Nikki as a determined expression set in, and El walked to the house with the girls behind her.

***

Nikki didn't know what to expect walking into Billy's room. She had been to Max's house plenty of times but every time Billy's door was closed. So walking into a messy, dark, smelling like cigarettes room wasn't as surprising as she thought it would've been.

"Why do I get the feeling we're gonna find all kinds of wrong in here?" Max asked as the girls stepped into the room.

Nikki was starting to get that feeling too. "I think we will."

Music flowed throughout the room as Max open a drawer relieving many inappropriate magazines.

"Gag me with a spoon," Max scoffed, closing the drawer as Nikki looked towards El who was finding her way to the bathroom.

As El turned on the light, Nikki started to get the sinking feeling in her stomach letting her know something was going to happen.

"Max?" El looked in the bathtub that had floating plastic bags that used to hold ice.

Max walked beside the girl and picked up one of the bags. "Ice. It's just ice. Probably for his muscles or something. He works out like a maniac."

Nikki turned away from the bath and looked towards the cupboards. She tilted her head slightly as she saw little spots of blood on the white cupboard door.

"Guys," Nikki gained the girls's attention as she opened the cupboards and pulled out the trash can. She stood up and looked at the contents worriedly.

"Nikki, what is it?" Max asked, making Nikki turn toward the girls and pulled out a lifeguard bag. Ep grabbed it from the girl's hand as Nikki grabbed another item from the trash. A bloody whistle.

The girls looked at each other as the pit in Nikki's stomach grew more.

"This is not good," Nikki shook her head as they looked back at the items.

Billy's involved in something, Nikki thought.

Authors note
Hey! First off I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. School has been starting and I am already so behind. Don't expect me to be as on top of things for a little while. Once I get back into a routine I will hopefully be able to post more. But until then...

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️