Extra Chapter!!

"Hey," Lucas crawled up to Nikki, who was laying on the couch after fighting Billy, looking bloody and bruised, "how are doing? Can I get you anything?"

Nikki gave him a small smile and her heart fluttered. She didn't understand how she could get such a perfect guy. He always tried to help her anyway he could, even if they both knew he couldn't help in certain situations, like this. He couldn't take away the pain she felt, but he looked at her with worried eyes and tried to comfort her in anyway he could.

Nikki shook her hand slightly, not wanting to give herself a bigger headache. "I'm okay," she whispered, trying to brush off the pain and put on a brave face.

He, however, didn't look convinced, but he didn't want to pry anymore. He took her hand in his and sat beside her on the floor as she closed her eyes. A few minutes of silence passed by and neither of the two moved from the spots.

Nikki was listening to the little noises around her. The constant dripping of water from the bathroom sink. The vents letting the cool air flow into the room to fight off the summer heat. The footsteps from whoever was walking around upstairs. They were light, little one's.

Most likely Holly, Nikki thought to herself, thinking of Mike's adorable little sister.

Lucas looked at Nikki, wondering what was going on inside her head. Was she thinking about the fight with Billy? Was that repeating over and over in her mind like a horrible movie?

It was for him.

Nikki had come so close to death, and he couldn't have stopped Billy. No matter how hard he tried. He didn't have powers like the girls. How could he protect them when they are the ones who always protected them? How could he stop Billy when two superpowered girls could barely escape the fight alive?

How are they going to get out of this alive?

He looked at Nikki snapping out of his thoughts. He watched her even breathing as she kept her eyes closed. She looked like she could be dead with all the blood on her clothes and in her hair.

She isn't though, he had to remind himself, looking at her breathing in and out. She's alright. She's going to be alright.

"Thank you," Nikki's soft, strained voice broke the silence between them.

"For what?" Lucas asked with the same amount of softness.

"Being here," she opened her eyes to meet his. She squeezed his hand, lovingly before closing her eyes again.

He return the gentle squeezed and kissed her forehead.

Maybe they would be okay after all of this is done.