The Battle of Starcourt (Part 6)

Nikki couldn't believe this was her real life. Here she was with her boyfriend and friends, running for their life from a monster made out of melted people. And even weirder, this wasn't their first time dealing with something like this.

Nikki looked back at the monster who has been following them for the last ten minutes. She was honestly impressed by the stamina, even though it terrified her that this thing wanted to kill them that badly.

She had hoped that El, Max and Mike had found their way out and are heading to a safe place. She hoped this would all get done so, hopefully before they ran out of gas.

Dusty-bun, you copy? A girl's voice Nikki had never heard before spoke from a radio Robin had in her hands.

I copy, Suzie-poo, Dustin's voice replied, making Nikki's head tilt at the nicknames. It sounds much better now, thanks.

"Suzie," Steve and Robin said together before looking back at the radio.

Nikki couldn't help but smile at the fact that Suzie was real. She was glad that Dustin found someone who made him happy.

Okay, so, listen, Dustin spoke quickly, do you know Planck's constant?

Nikki looked at Lucas confused on what Planck's constant was, but he shrugged just as confused.

Do you know the Earth orbits the sun? Suzie replied

Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a...what is it?

Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can save the world?

Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible.

You can make it up to me now.

Nikki met up with Steve confused face as they looked back at the radio.

What? Dustin asked.

I want to hear it.

Not right now.

Yes, now, Dusty-bun.

Suzie-poo, this is urgent.

Nikki rolled her eyes already over the nicknames.

Yes, yes, you're saving the world, Suzie said clearly annoyed, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off.

Nikki reached for the radio, ready to use every curse word she knows, but Robin held the radio tighter as Dustin started talking again.

Wait, wait, wait! Okay! Okay. Okay.

There was silence for a few seconds as Nikki sat back down in her seat. She waited for something to happen.

She was not prepared for what happened next.

Turn around, look at what you see, Dustin sang, making Nikki's mouth fall open. In her face, the mirror of your dreams.

Make believe I'm everywhere, Suzie joined in. Given in the light. Written on the pages is, the answer to a never-ending story.

Nikki closed her eyes, keeping her mouth shut tightly as they continued to sing. After a few more lines, she couldn't take it anymore.

She broke down in laughter, laughing at how ridiculous their situation was. Here they were, running from a monster and their deaths and Dustin and Suzie were giving them a full concert as the monster continued to chase them. Not moved by the music.

Soon after she started to laugh so did Lucas as the others stared them, wondering if they were okay.

After a minute, Dustin and Suzie finally got to the end of their song, and Nikki and Lucas finally pulled themselves together with little tears in their eyes due to how hard they were laughing.

Planck's constant is 6.62607004, Suzie finally said.

You just saved the world, Dustin replied.

Gosh, I miss you, Dusty-bun.

And I miss you more, Suzie-poo.

I miss you more, multiplied by all the stars in our galaxy.

No, I miss you-

The line went dead, letting Nikki sighed in relief. "Oh, thank, God."

Lucas let out a breathy laugh at her annoyance before remembering what's going on.

They all looked back at the monster who started to slow down.

"It's turning around," Steve told the people up front.

"What?" Nancy asked, turning to look at the creature that was walking back in the direction in came.

It's turning around!" Steve repeated.

"Maybe we wore it out," Lucas looked around at the others hopefully.

Nikki felt the pit deep in her stomach. "No," she looked at Jonathon, who was looking at her in the rearview mirror, waiting for her to tell him what to do. "We have to go back."

With that information Jonathon told everyone to hold on before quickly turning the car around, trying to get back to the mall as quickly as possible.

Nikki tried to keep her nerves down but they got the best of her.

El was at the mall, drain. Nikki didn't know if she had enough energy to protect herself. They needed to get back.

They needed to end it.

Authors note

Shorter chapter than normal, but I have a feeling that the next chapter is going to be really long with the fight scene, so we'll see how it goes.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️