E Pluribus Unum (Part 3)

The living room was silent for several minutes. Nikki could only guess what was going on in wherever El was.

The pit in her stomach started to worsen as she looked around the room.

"What's wrong?" Lucas's mouthed to her, noticing the slightly confused look on her face.

Nikki shrugged. If only I knew.

"Something," she mouthed back noticing that Max caught a glimpse of their silent conversation. She looked back at El like there was nothing wrong.

A flash of a photo came arcoss in Nikki's mind. She couldn't tell what is was, it went by too quickly, all she saw was a lot of red. She heard rumbling although it was clear skies tonight.

"I think I found it," El finally spoke up, making Nikki push thoughts running through her head to the back of her mind. "The source."

"Where, El?" Max asked the question that was on everyone's mind. "Where are you?"

"Brimborn," she answered. "Steelworks."

Jonathon jumped up from his spot and ran to the open phone book he left on the kitchen counter. "Okay, uh, steelworks, steelworks."

He flipped through the pages with Nancy looking over his shoulder, until he stopped on a page and point at an address. "Here, found it. 6522 Cherry Oak Drive."

"That's close," Nancy looked at Jonathon wide eyed.

"El," Mike raised his voice as he started to rush his words. "El, we found it. Get out of there. Get out."

Suddenly, Nikki got a weird feeling on the back of her spine and she snatched her hands away from El.

Thunder rumbled. Red lightening lit up the sky as a figure stood in the eye of the hurricane.

The image stayed in Nikki's head long enough to know the figure was El before it moved on to the next image.

Rats running into an old, worn down building. As they gathered one by one they started to shriek and topple over in pain. They exploded into a red goo that looked to be breathing.

She had seen this before.

A laser struck a wall that started to crack under its pressure and black vines grow out from it.

Someone was calling her name but they sounded to be far away

A car was on fire as someone rested in it, looking unconscious.

She has definately seen this before.

An eye turned from normal to filled with dark veins.

That was Billy. She had seen him do that earlier. She had seen it before then too.

A pile of goo went down the drain leaving behind bones and trash on the road.

The hospital.

The Mind Flayer, bigger than when she saw it, stood infront of a little crowd of people. It's arm with sharp nails reached toward a figure standing in front of it with their arms outstretched. A cry of pain was heard. One she recognized.

"Nikki!" Lucas's voice broke her out of the trance like state she was in. He looked at her with worry. "Are you alright?"

Nikki looked at El how was now crying and getting held by Mike. She looked back at Lucas with fear and realization all over her face.

"What's going on?" Lucas asked, seeing as though he just got the answer to his first question.

"I don't know," Nikki whispered finding her voice.

Nikki could see the images clear as day now. She has seen them before. Once when she was dreaming of them. She had seen this day and those things she dream of are coming true. And knew for sure...

This was going to end badly.