Suzie, Do You Copy? (Part 2)

Mike and Nikki rode their bikes up to the entrance of Starcourt Mall that glowed in neon lights that seemed to be drawing everyone closer to it.

Nikki immediately caught sight off their friends waiting impatiently for them to show up. They rode up to them and parked their bikes.

"You're late," Lucas stated with his arms crossed.

"Sorry, Mike was taking forever," Nikki shrugged walking up to her boyfriend, who wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Sorry!" Mike raised his voice defensively.

"We're gonna miss the opening," Will complained to Mike as the boy tried to get his bike on the bike rack.

"Yeah, if you guys keep whining about it. Let's go!" Mike led the group into the mall as Lucas sighed beside Nikki.

"If you guys keep whining about it," Lucas said in whiny voice. "Nyeh-nyeh-nyeh."

"Just please stop talking, dude," Nikki could hear him roll his eyes.

"Let me guess. You were busy," he started to make kisses in the air.

"Oh, yeah, real mature, Lucas."

"Oh, El, I wish we could make out forever, and never hang out with any of our friends," Lucas pretended to be Mike.

"Lucas," Nikki warned as Max also tried to make him stop.

"Will thinks it's funny," Lucas said, hearing light laughter in back of him.

"Because it is," Will laughed.

"Yeah, it's so funny that I want to spend romantic time with my girlfriend," Mike defended himself.

Lucas moved his arm from Nikki's waist to her shoulder. "I'm spending romantic time with my girlfriend." He gave her a quick kiss on her head as the continued through the mall, weaving through people to find the place they were looking for.

They got on the escalator and pushed through the crowd that sometimes yelled at them with all the commotion they were causing. Lucas held on to Nikki's hand as they got to the bottom to make sure he wouldn't lose her in the crowd.

After a lot of shoving and apologizing, the group finally made it down to the lower level.

"Hey!" A girl yelled at Mike as he bumped into her. "Watch it!"

"Yeah! Watch it, nerd!" Erica, Lucas's little sister, yelled over to them.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?" Lucas asked as they past by her.

"Isn't it time you died?" She fired back, making her friends laugh.

"Psycho!"

"Butthead!"

"Mall rat!"

"Fart face!"

Lucas blew raspberry as Nikki pushed him towards the ice cream parlor.

"Really?" She asked him under her breath before turning back towards the little girl. "Bye, Erica!"

"Bye, Nikki!" The girl called back making the girl chuckle as they group went up to the counter of Scoops Ahoy.

Mike rang the bell repeatedly, making the girl who stood at register look at him clearly annoyed.

She hates us, Nikki thought as she laced her arm through Lucas's.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here," Robin called back to the one and only Steve who popped his head out the sliding window behind her, looking very annoyed.

He borderline hates us.

"Again? Seriously?" He asked as Mike hit the bell one more time. "Alright, come on."

He led the group to the back and they made their way to the door that connects it to the hallway to can make them go everywhere in the mall.

They started walking down the hallway just as Steve called out to them. "I swear if anybody hears about this—"

"We're dead," everyone finished his sentence as they continued their way to the movie theater.

***

"All clear," Mike looked back at the group after looking to see if anyone would see them seek into the movies.

They found five seats in the theater relatively close to each other. Mike and Will had to sit a row farther back than Max, Nikki and Lucas.

"See, Lucas. We made it," Mike said, settling into his chair.

"We missed the previews," Lucas complained.

"Still made it," Max said, leaning over Nikki to talk to Lucas. "Fart face."

"It's fine. They were just previews," Nikki said as she took Lucas's hand.

"You just haven't been to a movie where they had good previews yet," Lucas said, grabbing some of the candies from Will. He held out a small package of Twizzlers toward her. "But when you do, you'll be saying something different."

Nikki giggled quietly as they moved their attention to the movie screen that showed a woman sitting alone in a room. Nikki didn't exactly know what the movie was about but she knew her friends were excited to see it, so she just decided to tag along.

She watched as the woman made her way and to the other side of the room and looked at a calendar hanging from the wall.

Just as she was getting a funny feeling in her stomach, the movie completely stopped playing, leaving the crowd in the dark and complaining.

Something's happening, Nikki thought as she sat quietly, waiting for something to happen. Nothing did for a few minutes other than people being confused. Finally the power came back on and the movie resumed and the weird feeling went away.

"Hey. You okay?" She heard Mike ask once the cheering from the crowd died down.

"Yeah," she heard Will respond not so confidently.

"Are you sure?" Nikki turned to the boys in back of her as Will nodded to reassure him.

Mike turned back to the movie as Will met with Nikki's eyes. She gave him a questioning glance.

He must have felt something too.

Will shook his head slightly and looked down at his hands as if to tell her, just forget about it.

So, that's what Nikki did. She pushed it to the back of her mind and almost forgot about it.

Almost.

Authors note
Yay! Another chapter done! Hope you guys liked it.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️