The Battle of Starcourt (Part 7)

When they finally arrived back at the mall, everything was a constant race. They raced to get to the fireworks out of the back of the car, they raced to get inside the mall before anyone was severely hurt. Though the roars they could hear from outside of the mall, didn't help them think they would win the race.

Once they were in the mall they were greeted with a terrifying image. The Mind Flayer stood in front of El, who laid on the floor, with an arm reaching towards her, mockingly slow and Billy stood beside her, ready to watch her death.

Lucas lit up a firework as Robin and Steve ran to the other side of the mall to get it from the other side. Nancy and Jonathon grabbed their own fireworks and found a different spot to get it from. Lucas threw the fireworks that were all tied together at the Mind Flayer as Nikki readied herself for a fight by making a blue orb.

The fireworks exploded, lighting up the mall and making the creature wail in pain.

Lucas light up another one. "Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas yelled, throwing the firework as Nikki threw her orb. Both hit it, thus beginning their own firework show right there in the mall.

Fireworks kept exploding as Nikki kept throwing orb one after another, distracting the monster from El, who was trying to crawl away from it all.

Nikki noticed Billy crawl from behind her, also looking like he was in pain. He grabbed her ankle and dragged her back to her the monster could each her. Nikki threw an orb at his arm, getting him to let her go long enough to try to escape again. However, he recovered quickly, grabbing her once again. He flipped her over on the floor and put his weight on her as she tried to fight back.

Nikki tried to send another orb her way, but just like last time, he recovered quickly and continued to fight El on the ground.

"We're almost out!" Will yelled to his friends. Nikki looked back and noticed a few more bundle left. She turned back to El, who was still trying to put up a fight.

Keeping an eye on her sister she turned back to the fight with the Mind Flayer and threw more orbs at it, one after another, hoping the would have to use less of the fireworks if she took over more.

She noticed in the corner of her eye Billy, slowing down on the fight as El was talking to him.

Nikki felt like she could breath a little better, though the pit in her stomach was getting deeper by the second. All she could think was El managed to find a way to get herself less hurt as they dealt with this.

She continued to throw orbs as the fireworks started to slow down from the lack of them left over.

"We're out!" Will yelled as Lucas threw the last one they had.

The fireworks died down to a stop as Nikki continued to throw some orbs. The problem with that was the Mind Flayer knew where she was now and sent an arm crashing her way.

"Get down!" She yelled to Will and Lucas as they all fell to the floor in time for the arm to crash over their heads. They were in a good spot to be hidden from the sight of the Mind Flayer, but in a bad spot to know what was going on from down below.

The trio arm crawled their way to Nancy and Jonathon, making sure to stay out of sight until they were with the two older teens. They stood up and looked over the railing to see the creature with it's full attention on El. Billy was back on his feet with a look of determination as an arm reached quickly to El.

Nikki made another orb as a scream filled the air. Billy's scream.

Billy had stopped the arm from reaching El. He was fighting back.

Nikki released the orb, hitting the arm, making it flinch in pain but continue to fight Billy. Another arm attacked, latching onto Billy's side of his stomach, making Billy scream in pain.

"No!" Nikki cried, taking off for the escalators, throwing an orb at it every few steps, hoping it would come for her instead.

More arms latched onto Billy as Nikki slid down the middle of the escalators.

A final arm shot at Billy as Nikki stood up and tried to incase the Mind Flayer in a red hue. The arm slowed halfway through, but still got to Billy.

Nikki walked quickly to get in front of El as the monster released Billy, letting him fall to the floor.

Another arm prepared itself to shot at Nikki, but she wasn't done fighting yet. Instead of letting this thing kill her, she tapped into all the horrible emotions she had been feeling this past week. Anger that this thing was back, that it was coming after her family and friends. Worry that someone could get hurt in a way where it could be fatal. Terror that one of them was going to be kill, that she couldn't stop the things that were going to happen and what did happen.

She let all of it bubble to the surface, making her blood boil.

Her friends not taking her warnings seriously. The fights she had with her sister. Her powers not working in the cabin when they needed them most. Her feeling useless for not killing this thing first try.

The arm shot at her, but stopped halfway as she could feel her powers growing stronger.

But at the same time, she felt herself grow weaker.

She found herself out of breath as she pushed herself further.

The arm inches itself further, fighting back against the restraints of her powers.

She felt all the souls rest in her hands and she could see all of the different souls leading to the monsters like ropes.

Then she felt something she hadn't felt in a while...

Blood.

Blood had started to drip down her nose for the first time in months, and she grew tired.

"Nikki, stop!" Lucas yelled at her from above.

She remembered all of her friends that were scattered in the mall. She couldn't let them get hurt by this thing.

The arm was a foot away from her, creeping up slowly. It was fighting her so much that it shook as it got closer to her.

"Nikki!" Lucas yelled again as she grabbed the ropes of the souls that were in the Mind Flayer.

She gave them a big tug, feeling them start to give away. She closed her eyes and focused only on the souls as she continued to pull.

She screamed in frustration as a wave of pain came over her.

The a jolt of new pain on her side made her yell and open her eyes. The arm had scratched her as it desperately reached for her.

She took a step back as she continued to scream, new waves of pain came crashing into her each second.

Finally, she felt the first soul give way, making the monster paused from shock. Then another came loose. And another. And another. Until she was able to give it a big pull getting rest to pull away from the body.

The Mind Flayer crashed to the ground, dead.

Nikki stood in front of it swaying, trying to keep herself standing.

She felt all the energy she once had rush out of her, making her feel to weak to breath.

She tried to fill her lung with air, but they refused. Darkness filled her vision as she felt her legs give out.

She never felt herself hit the floor.

Authors note

So, it didn't go as long as I thought it would but I hope you guys still enjoyed it!

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️