The Bite (Part 1)

"He said he was building something," El recalled, looking around at the faces in the room. She looked at Nikki who was staying quiet like she was trying to hide. "That it was all for us."

"Building something," Max started to wonder out loud making the two girls's eye contact break in order to look at her. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be," El looked down at her hands.

"So, he's building an army," Lucas said, getting a small glance a Nikki who looked significantly paler than she did many moments ago, "just like we thought."

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread," Mike added.

"He's building it to stop El and Nikki," Will concluded as Nikki felt a pit start to form in her stomach.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him, and Nikki took down a lot of his Demo-dog army. I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Like, royally," Lucas agreed.

"And the Mind Flay now knows they are the only people that can stop him. But if their out of the way-"

"Game over," Nikki squeaked.

"He also said," El spoke up again, making everyone turn back to her, "he was going to kill all of you."

"Yeah, well, that's nice," Max sighed as the pit in Nikki's stomach deepened.

"We have to go," she announce to the group.

They all turned to her with confused looks. "What?"

"We have to go," she repeated.

"Why?" Mike asked as Nancy stood up.

"Do you guys hear that?" she asked looking outside the window.

"It's just the fireworks," Jonathon shrugged it off.

"No, it's not that," Nikki turned to El. "When Billy told you his plans, it was here, in this room?"

Earning a nod from El, Nikki looked at the other hoping they would get it but of course they didn't. "He knows where El is. He knows were here. We need to go, now!"

"She's right," Will spoke up. Nikki noticed he hand his hand on the back of his neck. "He's coming."

The group got up and ran outside. They stopped when they heard rustling of trees and looked toward the noise. The Mind Flayer was in clear view, walking down the forget, taking down trees with every step. It seem to have tripled in size since they last saw it.

"It's bigger," Nikki said with the image of a person standing in front of it. She could hear the scream that came with it.

"Inside!" Nancy yelled at everyone, rushing them back into the cabin.

As soon as everyone got in they grabbed every piece of funiture they could find and pushed it against the windows and doors. They ran around looking for weapons to defend themselves with. Nancy found a shotgun from Hopper's shed and Jonathon found an axe.

"Hey, get away from the windows," Nancy said while reloading her gun.

The group stood in a circle, listening to every little noise and feeling the rumbles shaking the cabin.

"It's close," Will said as the stomp it took got louder and louder until they were partically vibrating by it. Everyone seemed to be holding their breaths as the stomps stopped.

"Where'd it go?" Max asked after a beat of silence.

Nikki's stomach was giving her a weird feeling as she scanned the room for where it could come in at. She let a blue orb grow in her hand as she tried to listen to what the feeling was telling her.

Then, it clicked.

As an arm popped out of the shadows hurdling towards El, Nikki threw the orb distroying the arm as soon as they collided. Another arm came through, this time going for Nikki who pushed Max and Lucas against the wall so they wouldn't get hurt by it. Jonathon gave his axe a swing and hit the arm, cutting it but not completely. The arm hit Jonathon with enough force to make him go flying and hit the wall behind him.

The arm changed it's course to go after Jonathon, but Nancy grabbed her gun and started to shoot it, making it turn towards her. Quickly, she ran out of bullets and the arm took that to be it's turn to attack her. It lunged at her but stopped halfway through due to El using her powers. With a scream, she threw her hand down and the arm ripped in half, making it leave in pain.

"Holy shit," Max breathed out before two more arms burst threw. One El stopped and the other Nikki destroyed with another orb.

Before Nikki had the chance to make another orb an arm shot out at her back, but, luckily, El managed to stop it inches away from hurt. With another scream, El ripped both of the arms in half. She stood there, panting until another arm came from behind, shocking both of the girls as it grabbed El's leg and tried to drag her out through the ceiling. Nikki grabbed her hand as she got lifted off the ground and Mike grabbed her other hand.

"Do something!" Mike yelled at Nikki, trying to pull El anyway from the creature.

"I'm trying!" She yelled back, making an orb with her free hand and throwing it at the monster itself, which has now tore a hole in roof of the cabin. Nikki turned to everyone else with an idea. "Hold onto her."

They all did what they were told, except for Lucas who grabbed Jonathon's axe and started to hack away at the arm. El screamed in pain as Nikki raised her arms and let the blue hue of the orbs she made try to incase the monster. The orbs started to turned red along with her eyes. She closed her hands into a tight fist and gave the Mind Flayer's soul a good tug.

Nothing.

She gave it another tug, but it felt like she was trying to move a big boulder with a rope. Nothing happened.

Lucas managed to cut the arm in half with just a few swings and El fell to the floor with everyone else. El groaned in pain as Mike sat up and removed a part of the arm that still attached to her ankle, making El shriek in pain.

The monster roared as El stood up and outstretched her arm, yelling in anger she ripped the monster in half.

"Go, go, go!" Nancy yelled at the other's as they all got up and ran to the car while they still had it distracted/injured.

"Come on," Lucas grabbed Nikki's hand and the pair ran to the car with El, Mike, and Max in front of them.

They put El in the back with Mike and Max while the rest of them sat in the middle or up front.

"Drive!" Mike yelled at Nancy as Eleven cried in pain next to him. "Drive!"

Nancy got the car going and put it in drive, leaving the injured monster behind.

Nikki looked back at El who was still crying from the pain, making Nikki feel bad that she couldn't help her sister in anyway.

She turned to Lucas who was still holding her hand tightly. "I can't kill it."

"What?" Lucas looked at her thinking he didn't hear her right.

"Back there, I tried to use my power's to kill it, but I couldn't pull the life out of it."

"Well, maybe it doesn't have a soul."

"That's the thing," Nikki remembered grabbing a soul, "it does, I felt it."

"Then was is it?" Lucas asked her looking a little scared for her answer.

"I think there's more than one in that thing."