The Bite (Part 2)

YOU DECIDE: Hey guys! As you know I am very close to finishing the book, but before I start writing the last episode I need your help with deciding the ending.

My major question for you all: is Nikki going to survive?

I know some of you had some ideas on my last chapter and I loved them. So you tell me, is Nikki going to die in this book or is she going to be okay?

Obviously, I still want to write season four when it comes out so if Nikki dies, she's going to "die" and I'll see what I can do for season four to make it make sense.

Please let me know what you vote for in the comments. I'll give you guys a few days to decide.

ALSO, towards the beginning there is mention of gore, so if you are sensitive to that kind of stuff skip the first few paragraphs. I'll try to make it quick with the discriptions.

On with the book!!

Shattered glass littered the floor of the grocery store due to Nancy throwing a rock through it. After succesfully getting away from the Mind Flayer, the group decided they should go someplace safe, but also a place where they could get supplies to help El with her ankle. And that's how they ended up here, at the very grocery store El stole eggos from just a few years ago.

Funny how things are going in full circle, Nikki thought as she walked behind Max and Mike with El's arms over both of their shoulders. El whimpered in pain as they turned down an isle with some of the supplies they needed on the shelves.

"Okay, get her down," Nancy said, as she got supplies off of the shelves. 

Max and Mike carefully set El down on the floor where she could rest her back on the shelves.

"Let me see," Nancy sat down by El's ankle as she rolled up her pant leg to expose her bloodied wound. The group cringed at the bite and how deep it looked like it went. El groaned in pain as she reached for Mike's hand for comfort. 

Nikki stood in back with Lucas, wanting to find a way to help her sister but feeling completely useless.

"What- Hey, what are you doing?" Max stopped Nancy as she started to treat El's ankle.

"I'm cleaning the wound," Nancy shrugged, looking confused.

"No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, the bandage," Max instructed, before looking around at everyone's awestruck and skeptical faces. "I skateboard trust me."

She grabbed a piece of cloth and held it out to Mike. "Mike, hold this." She made sure he had enough pressure to stop the bleeding, making El groan once again. "Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?"

Mike nodded as Max turned to Nancy and Jonathon. "We're gonna need water, soap."

"Yeah," Nancy nodded as she and Jonathon stood up to leave. "Okay."

"All right," Jonathon said, as he and Nancy left the isle.

A loud crash made Nikki jump and look towards the noise. She realized that Lucas had spilled the contents of his backpack onto the floor.

He looked at Max and held out his hand to his stuff on the floor. "Does any of this help?"

Max quickly glanced around at the stuff at the floor before looking at Lucas like he was stupid. "No. Go get me a washcloth and a bowl."

"A bowl?"

"Lucas," Max warned before turning to Nikki. "You go with them. Make sure they don't get distracted."

"Yeah, okay," Nikki nodded before turning both Will and Lucas around and lightly shoving them down the isle. They walked quickly around the corner as Lucas took the lead, leading them to the cereal isle.

"Bowl...Bowl...Bowl...Bowl," Lucas said as they looked around for something they could consider using for a bowl. After a few second, he threw his hands up in annoyance. "Why wouldn't it be with the cereal?"

"I don't know," Will shurgged.

"What else do you use a bowl for?"

"I don't know," Will repeated.

"Maybe they're with the soup," Nikki said half-jokingly, getting both of the boys to give her a soft glare.

They turned to go down another isle, but looking stopped before they could continue any further. "Oh, shit," his mouth dropped.

"What?" Nikki asked, looking to where the boy was turned to. There sat a huge display of fireworks of all the kinds Nikki had yet to see in action. She sighed rememberin the plans she and Lucas a had made for the night that have now gone down the drain.

Will and Lucas shared a look as they ran towards it like kids in a candy store.

"Come on, guys," Nikki shook her head. "Max said not to get distracted."

"Satan's Baby," Lucas said, getting distracted. He took it off of the shelf to admire it. He turned back to Will and Nikki, who have now joined him around the display. "You ever shot one of these suckers?"

Nikki shook her head as Will looked at it.

"No," Will responded. "Is it sweet?"

"That's an understatement."

"That doesn't look like a bowl," Max's voice made them turn to her in surprise. "Nikki, I told you to not let them get distracted."

"They were too powerful," Nikki said straight faced, but on the inside she was fighing back the urge to laugh at her own joke.

"This is way better than a bowl," Lucas held up the firework for Max to see. "There is a reason this warning label says 18 or older. This sucker is filled with 150 grains of black powder. AKA gunpowder. Strap two of these together and it's bigger than an M-80. Five of them, we've got ourselves a stick of dynamite."

"You wanna kill that thing with fireworks?" Max raised an eyebrow at Lucas, not sure if he was serious.

"Do you have a better idea?" Lucas asked.

"Uh, yeah, Eleven and Nine," Max said glancing over at Nikki, who stood quietly next to Lucas.

I can't kill it, Nikki's worried voice came to Lucas's mind.

"Against that thing?" Lucas looked at her think she was crazy. "They're going to need some help or backup."

"Yeah," Nikki spoke up. "We don't know how long El will be down and I can't do it alone. We're going to need help."

Max sighed and rolled her eyes, before leaving the group alone.

Lucas scoffed then turned to Will and shoved the firework in his hands. "Hold this." 

He started to stack them in Will's arms until he felt a tap on his shoulder from Nikki.

"Wouldn't it be easier if we had something to carry this all in?" Nikki suggested as Lucas turned to her and nodded.

"That's a good idea," Lucas agreed and grabbed her hand before turning to Will. "We'll go get a cart. We'll be right back."

"Okay," Will responded as Nikki and Lucas left the isle to find a cart.

Maybe there is a chance afterall.

Authors note

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote! It's important to me that you all get a say in this book.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️