Suzie, Do You Copy? (Part 4)

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas asked as they climbed up the tallest hill of Hawkins in order to talk to Dustin's girlfriend, Suzie.

Nikki was very excited to meet the girl but everyone else seemed to believe she wasn't real.

"Cerebro works best at a hundred meters," Dustin panted as he continued upwards.

"You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones," Max said.

"Yeah, but Suzie's Mormon."

"Oh, shit," Lucas looked up at Dustin surprised. "She doesn't have electricity?"

"That's the Amish," Max shook her head at him.

"What are Mormons?" Will seemed to be reading Nikki's mind. She was happy she didn't have to ask the question.

"Super religious white people," Dustin explained. "They have electricity and cars and stuff, but since I'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve. It's all a bit Shakespearean."

"What?" Nikki asked totally lost.

"Shakespearean?" Max asked, also seeming a little lost.

"Yeah," Dustin smiled. "Like Romeo and Juliet."

"Right," Max rolled her eyes as Nikki stayed confused.

"Star-crossed lovers."

"I got it."

"I don't," Nikki whispered to Lucas.

"It's fine," Lucas assured her. "I don't get it that much myself."

"Okay," Nikki nodded not really feeling a lot better about the subject. She turned to Lucas who had sweat beaded on his forehead from the heat and carrying the bag he grabbed from Mike. "Do you want me to carry it for a little while?"

"No, I got it," Lucas panted.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, guys!" Mike's voice broke up their conversation. They turned to look at Mike and El standing about ten feet away from them. "This is fun and all, but.."

He pointed to his watched while El finished his sentence. "I have to go home."

"We're almost there," Dustin pointed to the crest of the hill.

"Sorry, man," Mike shrugged. "Curfew."

"Good luck," El said as Mike led her back down the hill. These kinds of things are what makes keeping the bad emotions not reach the surface impossible for Nikki.

"Curfew at four?" Dustin asked.

"They're lying," Nikki said, trying to keep herself from yelling mean things toward her sister. "If they were telling the truth, I would be leaving with them."

"It's been like this all summer," Will shook his head, looking and sounding very annoyed.

"It's romantic," Max tried to help the couple just a little bit.

"It's gross."

"It's bullshit!" Dustin spoke what Nikki was thinking. "I just got home."

The group watched as El and Mike got farther down the mountain.

"Well, their loss, right?" Dustin said before starting to wall again. "Onwards and upwards! Suzie awaits!"

The group sighed and turned to start going up. Nikki slowed down however, letting people go ahead of her as she felt a small pit her stomach. She turned back to Will, who was the only one behind her. He had his back turned to her with his hand on the back of his neck.