The Case of the Missing Lifeguard (Part 1)

Laughter and music filled the cabin as Max dance around the girls's room singing into a microphone with Nikki happily dancing right beside her. El was on the bed nodding along to the song while looking at magazines, flipping through the pages and stopping on a picture of Ralph Macchio.

Max took notice of the girl looking at the photo and put down the hairbrush as Nikki stopped dancing.

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio," Max giggled as she sat on the floor by El's bed.

"Macchio?" El questioned, looking away from the photo to Max.

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid," Max explained before pretending to karate chop Nikki, making all of them laugh. "He's so hot, right?"

Nikki kinda agreed but she only liked him because Lucas was super into the movies.

"I bet he's an amazing kisser, too," Max smiled, gazing down at the photo. "Hey, uh.." Max moved so she sat in front of El on the bed while Nikki stayed standing. "Is mike a good kisser?"

"I don't know," El rolled her eyes. "He's my first boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend," Max corrected, before turning to Nikki. "What about you, is Lucas a good kisser?"

Nikki laughed at the question and nodded. "Yeah, he's pretty good."

Max laughed at she turned back to El, who was looking down with a saddened expression. "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness. I guarantee you he is, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now."

El laughed as Max made her voice go whiny to imitate Mike. "He's like, 'Oh, I hope she takes me back.'"

El and Max laughed as Nikki looked down at the ground, feeling uncomfortable about the topic.

"God, what I wouldn't give to see his stupid face," Max looked wishful as an idea sparked in El's mind.

Nikki seemed to read her mind as her eyes went wide and she shook her head. "No! No, we're not going to do that!"

"Not going to do what?" Max asked, looking between the two girls as they glare at each other.

"El is wanting to spy on the boys," Nikki explained with a little bit of disgust in her tone.

Max's eyes lit up like a light as a bright smile broke out on her face. "Yes! We have to do that!"

"No!" Nikki countered, feeling betrayed by Max. "That's not going to end up well, I know it!"

El scoffed as she went over to her desk to retrieve a blindfold. "Whatever."

Nikki sighed just done with everything. "Fine. When you guys are done spying, you can come find me out hear," she pointed to the living room as she walked out, closing the door behind her.

She sighed and pressed her back against the wall as she heard giggles coming from that room.

Is it bad that I wish Max and El still weren't friends, Nikki thought as she went to the kitchen. She felt horrible for thinking that, but a small part of her wanted Max just to be her friend. Then she wouldn't have to be worried about be left alone like she is now.

God, she hated being left alone with her own thoughts.

Luckily she didn't have to be alone for long, because before she could even decide if she wanted to eat something Hopper came barging through the door with a stumble in his step.

"Hey, Hop," Nikki greeted as she looked the man up and down. He was in a Hawaiian shirt with a nice jacket over it and a pair of regular jeans. He looked drunk by the way his eyes looked and angry at something. "Is everything okay?"