Mall Rats (Part 3)

"Okay, here you go, you got a strawberry, a chocolate, and then a vanilla with sprinkles, extra whipped cream," Steve handed the girls their ice cream, looking dead inside, as usual.

"Thanks," the girls replied as they started to enjoy their ice cream.

Steve eyebrows furrowed as he looked at El. "Wait a second. Are you even allowed to be here?"

The girls exchanged looks as they tried not to break out laughing. El broke first, followed by Max and Nikki as Max led them away from Steve and towards the exit of the mall.

"You wanna trade?" Max asked, making the girls nod and swap out their ice cream cones so Nikki now had vanilla, Max had chocolate and El had strawberry.

The girls giggled as Max looked towards the bike rack and stopped to look at the people she saw. "Oh, you've gotta be shitting me."

El and Nikki turned to see what she was looking at and they saw the boys grabbing their bikes, deep in conversation.

"Okay, what if we split it?" Mike asked with his back turned to the girls.

"Split it with what?" Lucas sighed as he walked with his bike. "Does that even make sense?"

"Isn't this a nice surprise?" Max asked walking up to the boys with El and Nikki on her trail.

Lucas immediately caught sight of Nikki, making his jaw drop at how stunning she looked. "Wow, Nikki you look amazing."

Nikki smiled at her boyfriend as a loud crash brought them back to reality.

"What are you doing here?" Mike asked El, with his bike laying on the ground next to him.

"Shopping," she replied with a glare.

"This is her new style," Max looked at Mike and smirk. "What do you think?"

Nikki looked back at Lucas, who was still looking at her awestruck. She couldn't help but laughed under her breath at how adorable he was being.

"What's wrong with you two?" Mike looked pointedly from Max to Nikki. "You guys know she's not allowed to be here. Nikki you know that more than anyone."

"Well, I'm allowed to be here and I'm more dangerous than her," Nikki shrugged. "So I really don't get why she can't do what she wants to do."

"Yeah," Max nodded at Nikki before sending a glare at Mike. "And what is she, your little pet?"

"Yeah," El looked at Mike. "Am I your pet?"

"What? No," Mike shook his head.

"Then why do you treat me like garbage?" El repeated what Max had said earlier that day.

"What?"

Nikki started to feel awkward just standing around as El and Mike fought. But it wasn't like she could leave her friends. So she looked down at her feet to try to not look between the couple.

"You said Nana was sick," El said as Mike got defensive.

"She is. She is," he looked toward Lucas who was more focused on his girlfriend, looking uncomfortable. Mike nudged him a he snapped out of it quickly.

"Yeah, sick—she's sick," Lucas nodded towards El. "She's super sick. That's why we're here, actually."

"Yeah, we're shopping," Mike pointed at the mall. "Not for us, but for her, for Nana."

"For Nana," Lucas confirmed, making Nikki look up and immediately know he was lying. She knew him too well.

"Also, we're here to get a gift for you," Mike continued. "Just, we couldn't find anything that suited you and I only have, like, $3.50, so it's hard."

"Super hard," Lucas agreed. "It's expensive."

"You lie," El knew it. Nikki knew it. Even Max knew it (Mike was a really bad liar). Mike looked at her like a guilty puppy. "Why do you lie?"

The group waited in uncomfortable silence for Mike to say anything. The squeal from the bus brakes broke the silence, making El turn to look at it then back at Mike.

She stepped closer and said something that made everyone's jaw drop. "I dump your ass."

Before much else could be said, El spun on her heel and walked towards the bus with Max right behind her.

"Nikki," Lucas's voice made her turn to him. He gave her a looked that said, what just happened? and Nikki shook her head.

"I don't know," she took a step forward and kissed his cheek quickly. "I'll talk to you later though."

"Okay," he nodded as Nikki turned to leave. "You look pretty by the way."

"Thanks," Nikki called over her shoulder as she sped walked to the bus.

She got on and sat a seat behind Max and El who just broke out into laughter and high fived. Nikki shook her head as she turned to look out the window. She couldn't believe El just did that.

***

Nikki wasn't the only who was surprised. The boys stood outside the bus as it started to move looking dumbfounded.

"Now can we play D&D?" Will asked not so shocked by what just happened.

"No," Lucas sighed, starting to feel bad for Mike.

We'll find a way to fix this, he thought as he watched the bus turn the corner.

Authors note
A little bit of a shorter chapter but I like it.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️