The Battle of Starcourt (Part 1)

Hi! a warning to those who might need it, the second half of this chapter has a lot of gore in it. So, if that doesn't make you comfortable I don't recommend you read past the part where El falls to the floor. Enjoy the chapter!

"You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin giggled as he and his group met up with Nikki's group on the first floor. He gave El and Nikki a hug as they held onto each other for El to stay standing.

"Lucas," a too familiar voice made Nikki break off the hug and turn to Erica.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked her as Nikki handed El off to Mike.

"Ask them," Erica pointed to Robin and a beaten up Steve. "It's their fault."

"Erica?" Nikki looked at the girl in shock. She shouldn't be here.

"True, yeah. Totally true," Steve nodded at Erica's statement. "It's absolutely our fault."

Erica's face lit up as her eye landed on Nikki. "Nikki!" she smiled happily, giving her a hug.

"I don't understand what happened to that car," Robin pointed to the car that was now on the opposite of the room where it had been.

"El and Nikki have superpowers," Dustin pointed at the girl's .

Robin turned to Nikki with shock, since she knew the girl and didn't think she was weird. "I'm sorry?"

Erica looked up at her. "Wait, so Dustin wasn't just saying that. You do have powers?"

"Dustin told you?" Nikki asked the girl.

"Superpowers," Steve answered Robin's question. "El threw the car with her mind and Nikki's can do a bunch of scary shit. C'mon, catch up."

"That's El?" Erica pointed to El wide eyed.

"Who's El?" Robin asked, looking confused with everything going on.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy asked Robin.

"I'm Robin. I work with Steve."

"She cracked the top secret code," Dustin added, making everyone from Nikki's group look at him weirdly.

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians," Steve nodded.

"Russians?" Jonathon questioned. "Wait, what Russians?"

"The Russians!" Steve pointed to one of the dead people on the ground.

"Those were Russians?" Max raised her eyebrows.

"Some of them," Erica added.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas wondered, growing more confused as the time went on.

"Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah," Mike nodded. "Couldn't understand what you were saying."

"Goddman low battery."

"How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?" Steve started to lecture Dustin.

"We'll everything worked out, didn't it?"

"Worked out?" Erica glared at him. "We almost died."

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?"

Just as the conversation continued, the pit in Nikki's stomach deepened as she looked around. She noticed that El had strayed away from the group.

"El?" Nikki tried to gain her attention as her sister covered her ears with shaking heads.