31 - Meeting my parents - Alexa Bliss x Braun Strowman

For: @Thewrathofkratos
Alexa
Braun started to nervously bounce his knee, constantly glancing up at the clock as the time got closer to my parents coming over. "What's the matter?" I finally asked, as his frantic movements were starting to irritate me. "It's just uh...I'm nervous Lexi, what if they don't like me? What if they don't think I'm right with you?" I sighed, walking over to where he was sitting. "You've got nothing to be nervous about big guy, they're gonna love you and if they don't, well I'll show them where the door is because I love you and nothing is going to change that." He looked up at me, a light blush creeping over his features. "Okay, I love you too Lex." I smiled, leaning in to press a kiss to his lips when I heard the doorbell go and Braun jumped about fifty feet, causing me to stumble backwards and fall into our brand new coffee table, the glass smashing at the impact. "Shit Lex, I'm so sorry." I felt a shard of glass cut my hand and I tried my hardest not to show the pain in my face as Braun stood frozen.

"Just go and get the door, I'll be fine." I stood up off the floor, picking the bits of glass out of my arse as I walked. I stepped into the kitchen, grabbing a tea towel and wrapping it around my hand which had a slice going right across it, damn my big man.

Braun
"Hello...I'm Braun, Lexi's boyfriend." I spoke timidly, not wanting to be at all rude or speak out of line. "Hi, is my Lexi in. She promised us a good meal for travelling all this way." I looked into the house and I saw her standing by the sink, tea towel wrapped around her hand. "Yeah, she's here. Would you like to come in?" Alexa's mother nodded and I could feel the intense glare from her dad, so I just stepped aside and they walked into the house.

Alexa
"Alexa darling?" I heard my mothers familiar voice and I walked out of the kitchen, trying to hide the fact I'd just sliced my hand open and should probably be on the way to get stitches or something. "Right here! Sorry about the coffee table, we just had a little accident earlier." My mother looked up at me as she inspected the glass on the floor, before spotting my hand. "Oh my god, honey how did you do that?" I shrugged not wanting to upset Braun by the fact he accidentally caused me to fall into the table, not realising my mother would get the wrong end of the stick.

"Did he hurt you? Do I need to call someone?" She pointed at Braun before retrieving her phone from her bag. "No! No, he would never. I know he's a big guy but he's a softie deep down, it's just that he was nervous earlier and when you rung the doorbell he jumped and I fell." I watched Brauns cheeks turn a dark shade of red out of embarrassment, as a mortified expression appeared on my mothers face. "I'm so sorry darling, I didn't mean to suggest~" She turned to Braun, rambling apologies. "It's fine, but I want you to know that I only want the best for Alexa, I would do anything for her and I would never hurt her, I love her with everything I got. She saved me and I saved her..." My mother looked up and smiled fondly at him, before pulling him into a hug. "You're a good guy Braun and I can see how happy you make my daughter, so thank you for that."

"You have my blessing, if you want to be with my daughter I trust you'll treat her very well." My dad spoke up for the first time and Brauns head snapped around so fast, I would be surprised if he didn't get whiplash. "Really?" My dad just nodded and smiled when Braun pulled him into a hug.

"Right Braun come help me in the kitchen and you two lay the table." I took Brauns hand and I led him to the kitchen, planting a soft kiss to his lips. "They love you." I whispered and Braun beamed. "Before we serve food will you sort my hand out, just need a bandage from the draw or something." He looked guilty as he walked away to get the bandage, soon returning and gently removing the tea towel from my heavily bleeding hand. "God I'm so sorry." He held my hand still as he looked at how deep the cut is. "Don't be, accidents happen." He unpackaged the bandage and he started to delicately wrap it around my hand, pulling tighter occasionally. "There you go, one bandaged hand." He lifted my hand to kiss the back of it, I couldn't feel it but it didn't stop me from blushing.

"They'll probably be wondering what we've got up to, we better actually take them food now." I nodded, serving up a lasagne I made half an hour before they came. "Grab the salad from the fridge and put it in the middle of the table, I'll only be able to carry one plate so you'll have to carry three." He just nodded, running the salad in before coming back and taking three plates from me. Soon I walked back into the dining room, taking my seat alongside Braun and opposite my mother.

"So Braun, what do you do as a job?" I laughed to myself, knowing my mother already knew that answer. "I work at the WWE, I wrestle that's how I met Lexi. When the draft happened she moved over to the blue brand and we kicked it off, then mixed match happened and now we're sitting here three years later." Braun fonded over old memories and I grabbed his hand under the table. "Tell me one day to thank the boss, I couldn't imagine my life without Lexi now." He turned to me and our gazes met. "And to think you were nervous earlier and now you're professing your love to me." I grinned at him as he shook his head. "Not my fault your parents are so lovely, now I see where you get it from."

"Stop with the flirting you two! It's like I'm watching a rom com across the table from me, please let me enjoy my lasagne!" My mother chuckled, fake shouting at us. "Alright, sorry mom." I joked back and everyone around the table was smiling and I felt my heart smiling too, finally happy that I'd found my guy and my parents loved him too.

"So Braun, when are you proposing?" My dad asked and I almost spat out my wine. "Soon." Braun responded with and I felt my heart melt, just wanting to jump into his arms right here, right now; but I don't think either of my parents will appreciate that. "I love you." I blurted out and Braun didn't miss a beat. "I love you too."

"And I love the pair of you, even though you may be constantly flirting, you're so cute together. Now when should I start knitting baby grows!" Both mine and Brauns eyes went wide as we looked between each other and I could only think of one response.

"Mom!"