7 - Chareigns - Broken Hearted

Joe
"I'm done, we're done!"

"Ashley?"

"I can't do this anymore Joe! I'm constantly chasing after you, you don't care about me anymore you don't love me anymore."

It's true, I haven't been spending that much time with her and I've felt myself becoming more and more disconnected from her. I would like to say I still love her, but I just can't. I don't love her anymore but I don't want to leave her.

"Ashley please."

"Did you ever love me?"

"Yes of course I did!"

"But you don't anymore..."

I didn't answer and she just broke down, I never meant to hurt Ashley or break her heart. I used to love her, there wasn't a moment when I didn't think of her. I never would've asked her to marry me if I didn't.

"Joe, please just tell me why?"

"I can't."

"Surely there's a reason why you don't love me anymore? Has somebody else been catching your attention or do you just not like me?"

"I like you Ashley you're my best friend."

"But not your fiancé anymore."

She slid the ring off and placed it down on the table.

"I'm not mad, I'm just upset."

"I don't love you, but that's not because of you."

"I should've known, I thought maybe but I denied it. It is because of me so don't try and not hurt my feelings."

"It's not you! Ever since we had Lucy I've just felt myself become so distant from you. I don't feel the sparks anymore, it's me all me."

"So that's it, no point in even trying to fix things."

"I don't think we can be fixed."

Her tears were heavy and she looked awful, I do feel terrible.

"I don't love you anymore."

Ashley
My knees were shaking and I had to steady myself on a cupboard. We have a family, a daughter, I thought things were good between us. I was happy and I thought he was too guess I was wrong. I nodded my head and made my way over to our room. I packed my clothes into a suitcase and moved to Lucy's room. I packed some of her clothes and picked her out of her crib.

"Ashley please don't."

I didn't listen and carried her and our clothes outside, he was yelling for me to stop but I didn't listen. I got in my car and drove, I drove all the way to Charlotte and went to my mothers house. It was dark when we got there but I know she has a pop up crib and a spare bed. I knocked on the door and just collapsed into a heap when I saw my mother.

"Ashley darling, you go inside and I'll go get Lucy from the car."

I made my way inside and collapsed onto the sofa. I watched my mother take my sleeping baby upstairs, when she returned she draped my old favourite blanket around my shoulders and handed me a mug of hot chocolate.

"So dear tell me, what's troubled you."

"It's Joe, we're done..."

"Honey come here."

She pulled me into her side and gently moved some of the hair out of my face, after a while she gently placed a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm sure everything will work out well."

"I do hope so..."

.

I haven't heard anything from Joe and I've mainly spent the entire time crying, I'm so heartbroken I thought me and Joe were gonna get married and have more kids and just be happy. But no, we're over and I've never been more depressed.