11 - Chareigns - High school Project

Ashley
Being pregnant in high school sucks, I constantly get asked who the dad is and I couldn't tell you. I don't remember, Becks invited me to hers for a party and I went. I started to feel awful around two months after the party and I discovered I was pregnant, I am not one for going out and partying. I only agreed to go because she's my best friend, I don't even know who would even wanna sleep with me. I'm a nerd, I still play dungeons and dragons with Becky, I'm surprised so many people turned up and nothing got broken. I have just enough time to complete my final year before I'm due. I'm nervous to have a baby, I had so many plans which are all ruined. My parents were mortified, I got kicked out and now I live with Becky. Her parents are never home so we practically have the house to ourselves, the girls come over and Colby is here quite a lot too sometimes Colby brings Joe but he never speaks to me. Sometimes I wonder whether he is the dad, we used to be good friends but perhaps he just doesn't want to associate with a teen mom and I don't blame him.

"Ash, Colby and Joe are coming round tonight. Gonna grab a pizza and stuff if that's okay."

"Yeah sure, it's fine."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

The bell rung and I made my way to final period which was maths today, I do hate it but I'm good at it so that's why I chose it.

"Welcome! Today we will be learning about Quadratic sequences! Everyone take a seat, Joe please move! I told you last time that you can't sit next to Drew anymore so move."

"There's no free seats!"

"Yes there is now move next to Ashley."

He looked super pissed that he was asked to sit my me, I'm really not that bad am I?

"So look at the starter I have put on the board and work in pairs to complete it."

He kinda just sat there as I started to work it out, he kept tapping his pencil on the table and in a moment of pregnancy rage I took the pencil and snapped it. Everyone's attention was on me as I slammed in back down on the table.

"You gonna continue to piss me off or are you gonna help?"

"Miss Fliehr language!"

I just nodded and he did actually start to help with the maths, granted he wasn't much help anyway and we were one of the only groups to get it right. After a long two hour session which I left three times the bell finally rung signalling it was time to go home.

"Miss Fliehr And Mr Anoa'i please stay behind."

I dropped my stuff back onto the table and so did he, once everyone was gone she walked over to us.

"Today you both acted like children, we have an annual school project coming up and I think to stop you acting like children you should do it together."

"But-."

"No buts, you and Ashley will be working together on the baby project. It'll be good practice for you Ashley."

I shook my head and threw all my stuff in my bag and left. She's off her head, expecting me to work with him for the last month of school on this fucking baby project. I wasn't going to participate but now I have too alongside Joe as well.

*1 week into the baby project*

Not only do I have to deal with this animatronic baby but I have to deal with my actual baby who's making me sick and Joe who's stressing me out.

"Can you please just come and get it, I'm not feeling great Joe and I'm thirty two weeks pregnant. I was gonna finish school this week but i can't so please come and get this fucking baby!"

Joe
My god she looks sick, she has bags under her eyes and a darker look to her. She looks like she hasn't slept in months and she almost looks in pain.

"Ashley?"

"Good you're finally here, the baby and all its stuff is upstairs. Please just take it before I throw it out the window."

"Why couldn't Becks take care of it."

"She's taken hers out for a walk."

"Do you wanna take ours out for a walk."

"Sure."

I went upstairs and got the baby ready to go, I placed it into the pushchair and took our school papers with us. We walked around the block and I could see Ashley calming down.

"You really should walk more."

"Why?"

"You don't look tense anymore."

"Yeah it's because both of the babies have settled."

"Maybe."

"What you think I enjoy spending time with you, no chance."

She laughed at the end so I know she is kidding.

"I don't like it either."

"Sure you don't."

She pushed me lightly and I shook my head.

"How dare you push a man and his pram!"

We walked home hand in hand, Ashley claims it was because she was cold but I think she just wanted to hold my hand. We got to Becky's house and she went to walk inside when she misplaced her footing and almost fell down some stairs.

"Your alright, I've got you."

I lifted her up and placed her back down in front of me, she giggled and my god it made me feel all funny inside.

"Try not to slip again."

"I shall, goodnight Joe."

She pecked my cheek before going inside, leaving me with a now screaming animatronic baby.