9 - Bliss and Cross - Magic II

Alexa
It's been ten years since Nikki left, it's been almost a year since I unbanned magic and became queen. I unbanned magic in hopes that Nikki shall return, the pressure is all on me, the kingdom needs a strong queen and her husband. But I do not wish to marry any of the pigs that I've been shown. Everyone is so arrogant and up themselves but Nikki, she was humble and kindhearted. The type of person we'd all want around us, I do wish for her return. I do not even know if she's still alive. I intend to find her, I will travel around Camelot until I find her. I'll send my men out to patrol the outlying villages, but the likelihood of her being there is unlikely. What if she is dead, I'm holding an open tournament tomorrow. It's being advertised everywhere, so if there any chance she'll be returning it'll be because of that.

"Queen Alexis we found a girl sneaking into the Towers. We've placed her in the cells and we are currently awaiting your council."

"May I see this girl?"

"Of course."

I followed them down to the cells and saw a brunette, cowering in the darkness.

"Present yourself!"

They did not step forward, but stayed in the darkness.

"As the Queen Of Camelot I demand you to step forward!"

They did and my heart stopped, I fell back onto the guards that brought me here.

"My lady?"

"I'm okay, please leave me alone!"

"Yes my lady."

They walked off and left me alone with a woman I hadn't seen in all too long.

Nikki
"Can you let me out of here?"

"Give me a minute."

She pulled the key out of her pocket and unlocked the gate, I stood still as I did not want to frighten her.

"Are you here for the open tournament?"

"Well yes but I came back to see you. I got wind that a group of men were coming here to try and woo you into marrying them and I just couldn't let that happen now could I?"

"Nikki I'm so glad your back!"

She dropped all formalities and pulled me into a lustful kiss, she pushed me back until I hit the wall.

"You should have just told me. I never would've banished you and I think you know that."

"I couldn't put you in a position where you had to choose between your crown and me."

"I would've picked you always."

"Which is why I had to go, the only way magic was return to these lands was if you were queen. They were gonna burn me at the stake and I couldn't have them lighting you up with me...I only ever wanted to protect my lady."

"I've missed you, I've looked for you every day since you left. I almost got myself killed by threatening magic against my father, but I'm glad your finally back."

"I've missed you too, I've wanted to return to Camelot from the day I left. Not a minute passes where I do not think of my love for you."

"Love?"

"Yeah love."

She smiled before kissing me once more.

"I love you Lexi."

"I love you too Nikki."

She took my hand and pulled me up to the courtyard, we walked through the market and bought some food. She got me a new silk dress which I gotta say is a lot more attractive than the clothes I'm wearing.

"My treat, I know you do not like gifts but I have too."

I smiled and took the bag from her hands. I knew there was someone I had to go and see, I told Lexi I was just changing which wasn't entirely true. I went through the lower town until I reached her house, I knocked twice and she opened the door.

"Nikki?"

"Yep, I came to say I'm back and thank you for what you did that day. Without you I wouldn't have escaped with my life."

"I'm glad you did, I was afraid for a moment that you didn't make it."

"I rode back to Scotland and now it's time for me to come home."

"Well one day soon we'll have to go out riding."

"I've still got your horse, Moonlight."

"Really?"

"Yeah she's in the stables, I've got get back to Lexi but she's in there."

"Your her servant?"

"No, we're just spending time together."

"Ah well enjoy and I'll go see to Moonlight."

Alexa
I plan to hold a ceremony soon, now that Nikki is back I would like to make her my queen. I will give her time to settle in before I ask her, first I must ask her to be my girlfriend. The people of Camelot may not like it but I am their queen and they will obey me.

"Alexa?"

I jumped a little and turned to see Nikki, she was holding my crown as if she was my servant.

"Nik you know your not my servant anymore."

"I know. I'm sorry."

I picked the crown out of her hands and placed it on my head, she smiled at me and handed me my royal cane.

"Do you really need this?"

"Yes, it's a knighting ceremony, do you have my sword?"

"Yep."

She tossed me the belt and I put in on.

"You look beautiful Lexi."

"So do you. Now will you lead me down to the knights?"

"Of course."

We linked arms and I did the ceremony, many people were shocked to see Nikki but I held her hand tightly. The ceremony was short and I knighted three men, I was walking out when the warning bell rang. I looked out of window and saw an army, must of been 20,000 or so. I ran to my room and quickly changed into my armour, Nikki and i walked out side my side followed by an army of our own men. We fought and we fought and we were losing the fight until Nikki began screaming an enchantment of some sort, the enemy army started to march away and she kept going. She didn't stop until every last one of the opposition side was gone. She collapsed into my arms once she was done, I looked in her eyes and knew I truly loved this woman.

"Without you I'd be dead."

"I have a habit of saving people's life."

"Will you be my queen?"

"Really?"

"Will you stand by me and reign over Camelot together?"

"Yes."

I sealed our deal with a kiss, I heard the knights chanting and celebrating that we'd won the war.

.

"I know pronounce you Nikki Kaufman Queen Of Camelot."

The crown was truly beautiful and I was so glad to finally be able to call Miss Cross, Mrs Kaufman Queen Of Camelot.

"Long live the queen!"

I turned to her and kissed her and the hall erupted into cheers!

"Long live the queens!"