8 - Bliss and Cross - Magic

Nikki
My biggest secret is that I hold magic, I cannot tell anyone because I will be executed by the king and his queen and as much as I would like to be able to freely use my magic I value my life. I may only be a servant but I am a serving girl to the Lady Alexis, if she was to find out that I have magic it would put her in a difficult situation which I do not wish to do.

"You look troubled Nik, is something the matter?"

"It's nothing, would you rather wear red or purple dress today?"

"Nikki please tell me, I do not like to see you like this."

"It's just...I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Then you shall stay in the castle tonight to ensure you get a good sleep."

"I cannot accept."

"Of course you can, people won't think it's strange to have my serving girl staying overnight."

"Won't they?"

"No, they respect you as they respect me."

"Thank you my lady."

"Call me Lexi always."

"Sorry Lexi."

I helped her into a purple silk dress and my god she looked beautiful, she smiled at me as I brushed out any knots in her hair. Today is the day she will be crowned princess of Camelot, I know she is nervous but I know she'll be a good princess and a good queen one day.

"Are you ready Lady Alexis?"

"Yes I am Lady Nicola."

I giggled a little and took her hand, I led her out and to the double doors. I slipped through a side door and watched as the soon to be princess walked up the aisle. The ceremony was long and boring but she smiled at me multiple times throughout the ceremony which made it worth my time.

"Alexis Kaufman I crown you princess of Camelot."

Alexa
My crown is beautiful, it's just everything I thought it would be. Now that I'm of age I get to wear it and stand princess of Camelot, I know one day I shall be queen but for now I shall enjoy being a princess and reap the benefits. I hope that my father lets me keep Nikki as a servant as she truly is the best one I've had yet, one day I'll tell her how I feel but for now she'll just be my servant and my friend.

 I hope that my father lets me keep Nikki as a servant as she truly is the best one I've had yet, one day I'll tell her how I feel but for now she'll just be my servant and my friend

I walk out of the building and I'm greeted by Nikki, she looks so happy and it makes me all the more glad to be her princess.

"Will you accompany me to the feast?"

"Of course, I always do."

"I mean do you want to actually sit with me?"

"You know that is not allowed Lexi."

"What did you call her!"

"I'm sorry sire, Lady Alexis I will not do it again."

"Not good enough, you are never to address the Lady Alexis by her name!"