i miss u even when you're here - part 2

"Good night, love" Mark pecks Donghyuck's forehead before he returns the kiss and they tangle into probably the most unconventional position for sleep.

Good habits are hard to form. They say it takes about 66 days to solidify a good habit so what happens when you're 103 days in and you still find yourself faltering sometimes?

Donghyuck and Mark are working on involving each other in their work lives and not trying and failing to keep work and home life separate, to the detriment of their relationship. It was the sacriface of sharing struggles that caused them to drift apart so terribly because when those daily struggles consumed them and started meshing with the unwillingness to be open and stubbornness of partners, a weakness appeared in their strength.

It's not always easy bringing home, work and school issues and sharing them with each other when the last thing you want to remember is your exhausting day and it's not always easy to remember when exactly some work issues are better left unsaid but they're trying.

It's all a working progress.

Donghyuck wakes up first, after a week of working his two jobs, stretches his sad limbs and makes his way to the kitchen. He has to remind himself to crack six eggs instead of three when starting on the batter for the egg roll.

While the batter solidifies in the pan, Donghyuck rushes to write on the finishing touches to the card that he'll give to Mark, before he inevitably comes into the kitchen and ruins his own surprise.

High school sweethearts know nothing about maintaining an actual relationship. The extra effort in remembering to give, give, give when times get hard in current times was not as forgettable when they were both 18 and all the really had was each other, no taxing deadlines or unforgivable bosses; just each other to wake up to at morning, enjoy to the day with and kiss 'til they're tired at night.

Relationships are work but it's supposed to be fuelled by so much love and good practice that a dedicated partner becomes the most natural role to play.

The care they've thought for each other has never really left but putting on a compelling performance is hard.

As Donghyuck had suspected, Mark does drag his ragged body in a half an hour later. Donghyuck is still working on other parts of their meal but that doesn't stop Mark from latching onto Donghyuck so tight that you'd need several suction tubes to remove him.

"Baby, I literally am struggling to breathe," Donghyuck's little taps of urgency of Mark's hold over his belly only causes the older man to let up just a bit. Before, Donghyuck had forgotten how clingy Mark had always been in the morning. Now, he's glad he's been reminded.

Mark groans his morning groan and digs his head further into the warmth of Donghyuck's neck. Donghyuck has always had the higher body temperature. "Sorry, I just love you." It causes Donghyuck to respond with a few shy giggles and a faint tint to glow on his cheeks but he continues to focus on serving breakfast. "Good morning," His rough voice says before finally kissing at the place his lips had been hesistating over for so long.

They sit down to eat together, socked feet entagled under the table and mouths reciting their lowest points of the week, encouragment for each other and memories from their seperate pasts. Of course they've probably heard most of these stories already but retelling funny stories is a must, plus it's a given that you'll end up discovering something new among the pile of fables. This time, Donghyuck learns Mark used to play the flute.

Donghyuck removes himself from their vine tangle of feet and brings the card he made on his way to sit back down. Mark fails to repress his sheepish smile as he reads the invitation to a candle lit dinner headed by the one and only, Lee Donghyuck.