"Come By My Teacher" - Part 2

Donghyuck can't mask the tremble in his lips against the weak bite of the cold nor can he pretend as if his incessant pacing is an excuse to keep himself warm. He's had the entire evening, night and morning to be as nervous as he could be, yet it peaks now. Now, as it's only two minutes before he and Mark planned to meet.

He's sees Mark approaching the cafe, still just a minute early. "Oh hey, Hyuck!" Mark says as he looks up at Donghyuck.

"Oh, hi Mark." He says right after mustering the most confidence he could. He needs that to last this entire date. 

They encounter a small collision when attempting to enter the cafe, both reaching for the door handle at the same time, resulting in shy touches, quick reflexes and both of them burning crimson. 

The amount of blushes throughout the sole three hours is absolutely nauseating -nauseatingly cute. 

It takes about five minutes, four viscous eruptions of blushes, three longing stares, two people obviously infatuated with each other and one shared straw for a comfortable conversation to ensue and from there, it does not stop. 

"Mark, I have one more question..." He giggles, taking the straw from his lips. He's comfortable there, content sitting right across from the boy he's liked for the past year -his high cheek bones and all-, happy with Mark's hand placed gently on his, using his thumb to caress his soft skin, sending electricity through his veins. He's on a high. "When did you know you liked me? Was it from the first day?" He manages to blush again, wondering how his blood supply is so tenacious.

Mark ducks his head behind the glass of an unfinished smoothie and the straw that was previously in Donghyuck's mouth, a mute laugh bombarding his features. "About that...," His laugh finally vocalizes, its embarrassed. "I actually liked from your first day of school....."

"What?!" He sounds more angry than flattered. Noticing Mark's reaction to his tone, he tries to rectify the situation, "Not calling you absolutely lame for loving me to smithereens for the last three years but I never noticed you 'til last year, Mark Lee." He gloats, a ghost tug on his mouth corners, failing to suppress his smile. 

"I mean, I did try to get you to notice me but we never did the same things." He pouts, tempting Donghyuck to just plant one smack dead on the lips.

He feels as if he knows Mark. He feels as if he's learned so much about him in only a few hours. Like he really has burrowed a home in Mark's person, a direct appendage, something that would know Mark best.

"You don't like pizza?" Mark rages. "What do you mean you don't like pizza?"

"I said I don't like pizza, Mark, not that I don't like you. Calm down."

"You like the Barbie movies too? Oh my God!" 

"Yeah, Barbie Princess Charm School is my favourite." Mark can't help but daze at Donghyuck's excitement. 

"Me too!" They scream together. They're a bit too loud in the cafe. 

They part with a promise on their lips to see each other the next day and every day until they get absolutely sick and tired of seeing each other every day.

The next day, Mark doesn't show up.

Donghyuck's okay with that, it's not like they made a promise or anything. 

He walks home with a sigh on his lips and a heavy heart. 

He still receives no text from Mark, even after being at home for a while. He's been doing his homework for around an hour but is barely able to focus as the mosquito of the Mark's absence gnaws away at his mind.