Seven Minutes in Heaven

Everybody was taking about it. Everybody in Donghyuck's school, at least.

The news about the best way to make out with someone completely unattached and consensual swept through the younger students like a storm. The kids were all buzzed with excitement.

They've watched in awe and jealousy as the school's seniors had taken part in such activities, except longer and more.....explicit. However, finally, it was their turn to release the raging hormones, discover life partners and kiss and kiss and kiss.

Donghyuck shared the excitement but with some withstrains. He was gay and he feared being awkwardly stuck in a room for seven minutes with a girl he wasn't even attracted to.

He hoped if he were to get a girl that it would, by some miracle, be one of the two girl friends that he had. But, that was pretty unlikely.

The thoughts all crowded his mind, weighing down on his mind like static, the constrained feeling encompassing his brain. Giving up, he closed his homework and slipped on a jacket as the time had been getting colder. The only way he could clear his mind is if he actually went to the party, forcing himself to ignore his worries and fears.

So, that's what he did.

And with the cool air, he felt his worries dissipate.

Well, that is, until he arrived at the gathering and took in his surroundings. Even though the point of the meeting was to make out in a closet, he was bombarded with a myriad of kiss scenes right out in the open.

Crap.

How could he forget?

Donghyuck hasn't even had his first kiss yet.

...

Mark swirled the contents of his glass around for the nth time. He stared as it spun, it mirrored the turns and spins of his stomach. The boy was worried to say the least.

He was worried about getting someone in his year. He was worried about getting someone younger than him. He was worried about seeing someone he knew well. He was worried about meeting someone he had never seen.

He nibbled at his lower lip.

Every single possible person and every single possible outcome rang through his mind and troubled his stomach. He didn't want to be here. But, here he was at the 'request' of a 'friend'.

His 'friend' returned to their seat. "Calm down, Mark." I put your name in the straight basket. You'll get a nice pretty girl to kiss and you'll be fine. Just take the lead, or let her. You know, whatever works, will work." Lucas smiled, placing a reassuring hand on his friend's knee after basically dragging him out of the house.

Mark didn't even blink to question if Lucas was telling the absolute truth, he was too distracted. He missed the fact that Lucas didn't meet his eyes, he missed the awkward scratch at his neck and the nervous grazing of his gums. Lucas believed the only way Mark would be less nervous is if he was able to try all his options. So, like a good friend would, Lucas placed Mark's name in both baskets.

It was up to fate to see which one would be called first.

...

Minutes in, Donghyuck felt like going to the party alone was a big mistake. Everyone was either deeply invested in someone else's every mouth crevice or deeply engrossed in friendly conversation.

He was pleased to be notified that the names for straight and gay people were separate and he had no chance of getting a girl. It would be sad, if he did.