"Come Be My Teacher"

"Maybe if I wear this instead..." Donghyuck mutters to himself as he moves the baby blue shirt to cover his bare body, comparing it to the soft green shirt he held previously. "I need to look good today....that's all...no biggie"

This was the first day of club meetings for the new school year and the third year student is genuinely petrified. It's been a whole year of convincing himself to join the club confidently yet he's still struggling. His main motivation, however, was remembering that he would have to wait a full semester before being able to join again. So, he needed to do it now.

You see, this was a guitar club. A club with different levels, their beginner, intermediate and the experts that were sent to join the school band. The beginner level only accepted members at the beginning of every semester to ensure that everyone was at the same place in learning.

He chooses the baby blue shirt, dragging it over his petite upper body and runs downstairs with his school bag and a light sweater in hand. It isn't too long a walk before he meets Renjun -who only lived a couple of minutes away.

Despite the cool air wafting the plains, Donghyuck feels a line of sweat trickle from his temples as he catches up with Renjun on the way to school. "So what clubs are you joining?" He says as conspicuously as he can.

"The one I want to join doesn't start today. I know why you asked though." He speaks knowingly, a cock to his eyebrow and a smirk ghosts his lips.

"Why?" His cheeks already begin to deepen in colour, fearing he's been caught.

"You're gonna enter whichever club Mark is in. It's obvious." Donghyuck's face looks like he wants to contest but Renjun gets his words in before, "First of all, you told me and Jaemin that you liked him...then right when he announces that he's heading a club, you want to join a club....Hyuck, you've never wanted to be in a club before."

Hyuck listened attentively, smiling a bit to himself as he realizes that he's safe because Renjun's bad memory means he doesn't even remember what club Mark leads. His cheeks still dust over though, he rubs at the warm skin trying to get rid of the tell-tale signs. "Maybe you're right...."

"I know I'm right. Jaemin told me I was right." It's Renjun's turn to redden, though not as evident as Donghyuck's. He's simply not as timid.

When they take the first turn into their school yard, Donghyuck feels his under arms slick over in sweat as a visible patch of liquid forms in his clothes. He scoffs before pulling on his sweater to hide it. Can't have Mark seeing him sweat.

It takes way too much of Donghyuck's internal begging for school to finally be over. He praises the gods before doing what he considered to be the most indifferent half sprint to the room for guitar lessons. He absolutely wasn't jittery and nervous and sweating bullets from his palms.

He's the first one to enter the room. The place is bare and boring for a creative outlet. It possesses one large window that serves as the only light source, cascading a huge shadow onto the left side of the room. It only held a stack of chairs to the right and a group of about seven chairs lined up in the centre.

He steps forward and stands limply, not really knowing what to do all alone. It gives him some time to breathe though and relieve himself of stress before Mark and the other students arrive.

He freezes when he hears the door unlock behind him, all his work to unwind hinging in his throat. "Hey, how are you?" It's Mark's voice and Donghyuck simply cannot turn around.

"Uhhh....yeah." His heart beats viciously, his palms dampen, his legs degenerate to noodle form, making it harder for him to stand and his tongue ties. He mentally facepalms as he's paralyzed in place.