Chapter Forty

"It's a boy!" Y/N happily announced as soon as she exited the private room and meet her best friends worried faces.

Y/N left Mina resting on the, now, newly cleaned bed while Jasmine and her nurses are cleaning and washing the baby carefully and gently.

Maxine, Reign and Karl hurriedly ran to give a warm, comfort and tight hug to Y/N who was now crying upon seeing the baby herself.

Even though she wasn't fully sure if it's hers or not. But she still feels super happy and relief while staring at the baby boy earlier.

"Oh gad, bitch! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!" Karl happily expressed his support and happiness.

"I wanna see the kid! I swear, I'm gonna be the best godmother ever!" Reign stated before trying to enter the private room but before she could open the door, Maxine stopped her.

"Mina is resting, babe. Let her rest peacefully and quietly first, please." Maxine smack her girlfriend's head before turning to Y/N who is still crying on Karl's arms. "Congratulations, Y/N! Please, I'm begging you. Don't let the kid near Reign and Karl if you don't want him to be like them." Maxine commented earning a disbelief groans from the two.

She chuckled softly before engulfing Y/N into a tight hug again.

"Don't worry, the kid is yours. I'm sure of it." Maxine whispered to Y/N and the latter responded with a nod and a silent thank you.

The four best friends stayed in the living for an hour and so before Jasmine went outside of the room with the baby boy on her arms, sleeping peacefully.

"Oh my gosh! Look at how handsome he is!" Maxine complimented the baby boy while approaching him and gently touched his cheek.

"Hi, baby boy! I'm your beautiful fairy godmother!" Karl approached the kid too as he smilingly stared at him.

"I want to see him, too! Move, Karlito." Reign pushes Karl aside a bit that earned a smack again from the latter. "Oh look at him! He's so pretty handsome just like me— Aw! The fuck is your problem, Y/N?!"

"What do you mean just like you? He's my kid, asshole!" Y/N annoyedly shouted to Reign but the annoyance in her voice changed as soon as she saw the baby boy on her cousin's arms.

Upon hearing what Y/N has said, Maxine, Reign and Karl exchanged a secret proud glances to each other before turning their attention to the beautiful, precious kid in front of them.

"You can hold him if you want, Couz. He won't bite." Jasmine said to her cousin, seeing her cousin's hesitantly will to even touch the kid.

Y/N's gaze went back to Jasmine then to the kid. "I don't want to hurt him." She lowly admitted.

"Bitch! It's as if you're going to squeeze the hell out of him! Just carry him gently." Karl scolded her that earned a laughter from Jasmine, Maxine and Reign.

Even if she's hesitant to do as what she told to, she still gently and slowly moved near the baby and looked at Jasmine for permission, the latter rewarded her with a genuine smile and a nod before carefully handed the kid to Y/N.

They all fell in awe and tears started to fall down again on Y/N's cheeks as soon as Y/N placed the baby boy on her arms with so much adoration and protection.

"H-Hi, baby." Y/N whispered to the kid.

And to their surprise, the kid showed his angelic smile with his eyes still closed and her hands moved gently towards Y/N's shirt.