1: Hajime Iwaizumi - The Letter

Note: This is a Valentines Day special as I missed the event by just a couple weeks (at day of release).

 It was incredibly embarrassing. I knew Hajime Iwaizumi, but only because he was the third year who gave me student guidance counselling. I met with him on Tuesdays and Thursdays for half an hour each time, yet it was still enough for me to fall head over heels in love with him, however I was just a first year, and I doubt he gave me any thought whatsoever. He'd just see me as the first year he has to talk to a couple of times a week. We never spoke outside of the counselling sessions, and there were only the rare acknowledgments if we passed each other in the corridor that came in the form of either a smile or a nod of the head.

Still, I went to every single one of his volleyball games. I could barely keep my eyes off of him as he powerfully spiked the ball - it was hypnotising to watch. I often tried to cheer for him loudly but I was drowned out by all of the girls who were desperately cheering on his best friend, Oikawa. My friends often liked to accompany me and tease me about my feelings for the handsome third year but I chose to ignore them and instead focus on the way he played.

I supported our volleyball team all the way, even when they lost their match against Karasuno meaning they were unable to make it to the nationals. During one of our guidance counselling sessions I wanted to bring it up but didn't know how, I wanted him to know he and his team played incredibly well but I wasn't sure how to mention it. "Something bothering you?" He asked as we sat opposite each other at a table in the small room.

"H-huh?" I had become incredibly flustered around him and often stuttered, but I think he just took it as me being a nervous person. "Oh, I just... I wanted to say that you... you played really well against Karasuno a-and I was supporting you and the team in the stands..." I regretted talking about it almost instantly as his attitude seemed to darken. I sat uncomfortably with my palms in my lap, looking down and refusing to make any eye contact.

"Thanks (y/n)," he suddenly said and I glanced up at him to see a small handsome smile appear on his features. This made my heart beat a little faster, but instead of talking more about the match he delved into the usual topic of discussion throughout our sessions.

- Timeskip -

Recently my friends had been badgering me about a particular day that was approaching, Valentines Day. They were repeatedly telling me to confess to Iwaizumi, and every time I just scoffed or laughed it off, saying that there was no way I'd have the confidence to do such a thing, especially as he was a hot third year and I was just a simple first. "C'mon (y/n), you'll regret it if you don't! I mean, what's the chances you'll see him again after high school? If he says yes then you'll be able to see him all the time, if he says no, well, he'll have graduated and gone," Kurahashi said nonchalantly.

"He won't say no though," Meg enforced.

"Yes he will. Plus I wouldn't be able to rake up enough confidence to confess to him, and knowing he'd say no anyway means I wouldn't regret it, Kurahashi," I said simply.

"Why are you such a pessimist! You won't know until you try!" Kurahashi said but I just shook my head.

"Anyway, what about you two? Have you got any plans to confess to anyone, to get presents for anyone?" I attempted to turn the attention away from me.

"Don't change the subject," Meg said sternly and I let out a dramatic sigh. "You don't have to confess to him face to face."

"Huh?"

"You could write him a letter or something," Meg suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

"Are you kidding me?! No! Absolutely not!" I exclaimed.