32: Keiji Akaashi - A Crush

Requested by_akaaaaashi_keiji_

 I approached the boys volleyball gym with my older sister, Yukie, and the other manager of the Fukurodani team, Kaori. I had just started high school and Yukie desperately wanted me to become the manager of the volleyball team, taking her and Kaori's place when they graduated. I had met the team occasionally and they all seemed really nice, but I didn't really talk to many of them, however I wasn't sure many of them even noticed my presence. Today however, that changed.

"Evening!" My sister called out to the team, the three of us stepping into the gym. I hid behind the two girls a little, seeing the intimidating players stopping their warm-up to come and greet us.

"Hey! It's mini Shirofuku!" Bokuto called out making me stiffen up as the whole team turned towards me. I hid behind Yukie a little, feeling slightly intimidated straight away.

"It's (y/n), Bokuto, and I'm training her to become Fukurodani's new manager," Yukie said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"(y/n)! Welcome to the team!" Bokuto said brightly, his hands in the air.

"T-thank you for having me," I bowed politely.

"Bokuto you're scaring her," Akaashi who my sister told me was now vice captain said.

"N-no-no! It's okay!" I squealed quickly, waving my hands in front of my body rapidly and feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Well anyway, she's here on a trial run and if today goes well she'll apply for the position, so be nice!" My sister called out to the team an they all nodded. I mainly stood on the sideline as I watched their practice, and seeing them play up close was very intimidating but they were one of the best teams in the country, so naturally they were going to be. Despite the intimidation though, something more than my sister made me feel compelled to join the team and train to be their new manager, so I worked hard to try and impress.

After the first couple of practices I decided that I definitely wanted to be their manager, so had filled in the application and had been given my own track jacket. I stared at in in awe, Bokuto then slinging his arm around me, making me jump. "Try it on (y/n)!" He beamed brightly. I had gotten used to his playful antics but they still intimidated me. Thankfully the one who could control him best always stepped in which he did again this time.

"Give her room to try it on, Bokuto," Akaashi said, Bokuto standing up straight. Despite Akaashi being probably the kindest member of the team, he intimidated me the most. I had gotten used to Bokuto's crazy antics, I had gotten used to Washio's silence but I couldn't seem to get past Akaashi's lack of expression. It made me nervous for some unknown reason as I knew he was the kindest member, yet his sometimes harsh expression didn't often match his complimenting words. Even weeks after becoming an official member of the team I found it difficult talking to Akaashi.

"(y/n)," Yukie drew out the syllables of my name as the two of us walked home after practice. I could tell by the tone in her voice that she either wanted something or wanted to tease me about something.

"What?" I dared ask and I saw a smirk appear on her face.

"Do you happen to have a little crush on our setter?" She teased, nudging my arm. Immediately heat rushed to my cheeks and embarrassment filled my body as I attempted to deny what I had suspected myself. I stuttered out 'no's and 'of course not's, but she knew me well enough to know I was lying. Not only that but I was a bad liar anyway. "Aw, (y/n) and Akaashi-,"

"S-Shh!" I hissed even though no one was around us. She raised her eyebrows before laughing.

"I think it's cute," she said and I rolled my eyes.