12: Toru Oikawa - Li'l Tykes Volleyball Club

Note: That header is too cute.

 "What made you want to start playing volleyball?" I asked my niece, Mitsuha, as we walked towards a volleyball club for children she had recently signed up for.

"I saw a match on tv, it looked really fun!" She said happily. I was surprised when she told me that she and her parents had found her a children's club called Li'l Tykes Volleyball Club, it accepting children from ages five until twelve. My niece was nine, and there weren't any sports clubs at her elementary school so she was more than excited about joining. "Look, look! There is it!" She exclaimed brightly, pointing towards a small building with a few small outdoor courts clearly designed for children. There were already numerous children playing matches on low nets, and there were three or four coaches teaching them the sport.

A brightly coloured sign hung over the entryway to the courts, and Mitsuha dragged me through it towards one of the coaches who stood with his back towards us, him watching the game a few of the children were already playing. "Erm, excuse me?" I called out to him and he turned, my heart almost stopping when I saw him.

He was gorgeous. His chestnut brown hair swept outwards, his eyes of corresponding colour were hypnotising, his skin was utterly flawless and his smile was unbelievably adorable. I felt flustered straight away and neither he nor I had spoken a word. "Hi, how can I help?" His voice was silky smooth, and already I knew I could listen to it all day.

"H-hi-," I was having difficulty finding my voice and he chuckled, making my heart swell.

"(y/n)? Are you alright?" Mitsuha asked, tugging at my hand.

"Hey! What's your name?" The guy asked Mitsuha, crouching down to her eye level and wearing a bright smile.

"I'm Mitsuha!" She beamed brightly and he chuckled.

"Hi Mitsuha, I'm Toru Oikawa! You wouldn't happen to be the Mitsuha I have written down on my list of new students, would you?" He asked with a playful wink.

"That's me! Mitsuha (l/n)!"

"Well it's great to have you here, Mitsuha!" He said sweetly, then standing up. "And who might you be?" His whole demeanour changed in a singular second, from a sweet and innocent one to a more flirtatious and mischievous one.

"I-I'm (y/n), (y/n) (l/n)," I mumbled, holding out my hand politely.

"Nice to meet you (y/n)," he said with a flirty wink, taking ahold of my hand and shaking gently. "Well then Mitsuha, lets get you ready!"

"O-okay Mitsu, you be good, I'll be back at 16:00 to get you," I said and she nodded enthusiastically. "Bye!"

"Bye (y/n)!" Mitsuha called, waving at me enthusiastically.

"See you at 16:00," Oikawa winked at me again and my heart rate excelled a little more.

"Y-yeah- bye!" I said quickly, turning and walking away before I made an embarrassment of myself. As I left the small field I turned back and spotted Oikawa talking to Mitsuha, the two then glancing up at me. Oikawa sent me one last smirk which caused me to immediately turn and run away out of embarrassment. I annoyingly spent the day thinking about Oikawa, and how utterly adorable he was. Undoubtedly every other girl who met him thought the same thing, but it was true. 16:00 seemed like an age away, and time decided to go slowly even when I tried to distract myself with work. If I was to go there early I could watch Mitsuha play, and see how much Oikawa has taught her. It'd be a reasonable excuse to see him now, so that's what I decided to do.

I approached the gates of Li'l Tykes Volleyball Club, stepping inside quietly and seeing all of the children playing. I spotted Mitsuha in the nearest court, although thankfully she nor anyone else had spotted me... or so I thought. "Hey, you're here early," Oikawa's silky voice said over my shoulder and I jumped a mile in the air.