11: Wakatoshi Ushijima - Ball Girl Part Two

Warning! Ushijima is very hard to write for, so apologies if he seems out of character at any point.

Note: This is a part two of two, so I'd recommend you read part one first otherwise bits of this won't make sense! I also have a VERY fun time writing this...

 I snuggled by my boyfriends side whilst he read the latest issue of his favourite volleyball magazine, adverts and all. We had a week off of school, and during this time a fair few students had gone home to see their families. Shiratorizawa became the host school of a first years volleyball camp during this week long break, so the third year members of the team were going to stop by tomorrow to surprise the first years with a match. I was a little worried though due to the fact that I had heard there were a couple of attendees from Karasuno who beat Wakatoshi and the others merely weeks ago at the finals. It was difficult to tell whether Wakatoshi was over that loss or not, as despite having been his girlfriend for four months already I found it still pretty hard to read him.

"Lovebirds!" Tendou shouted as he slammed open the door. "You done with the magazine yet?"

"No," Wakatoshi said simply.

"You still planning on going tomorrow, Wakatoshi?" Tendou asked and there was a slight pause.

"Of course."

- Timeskip -

Dressed in our physical ed outfits and our track jackets, the team and I entered the gym which caused a silence to fall upon everyone inside. I was still a ball girl of the team but since I had become Wakatoshi's girlfriend, Washijo had slowly stopped bullying me which I was thankful for. Upon our entry into the gym, Saito announced that there was to be a match, and I noticed out the corner of my eye a small ginger-haired boy run into the equipment room and emerge seconds later, dragging the scoring board with him. He was number ten of Karasuno's team, the one who scored the winning point in the match, yet he seemed to be running about the place as though he wasn't participating.

"You! Score, now!" Washijo shouted at me and I rolled my eyes, wishing a small good luck to my boyfriend, not that he'd need it. I wandered over to the scored board and sent a smile towards the Karasuno player, unable to remember his name. When he saw me he went rigid and blushed bright red which only made me laugh a little.

"Hi! I'm (y/n) (l/n), you're from Karasuno aren't you?" I introduced myself politely.

"Y-yes! I'm Shoyo Hinata!" He said in a slightly high-pitched voice.

"Pleasure to meet you! Can I ask why you're not playing though?" I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking someone as skilled as him would've been needed on the team.

"Oh... I wasn't actually invited to attend the camp," he said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head.

"Really? Well either way, I hope you'll enjoy your week here," I said politely.

"You two! Concentrate!" Washijo shouted over to the pair of us and I rolled my eyes whilst Hinata bowed and apologised loudly. The match began and naturally the third years were thrashing the first. They won the first set 25-12 and the second 25-13. Despite the match being over, the third years stayed in the gym whilst I took on my role of ball girl again, helping Hinata and Akakura with the little things that needed doing in order to keep practice running smoothly.

Later in the afternoon the first years played against the third years again, however the match was going the same way as the first. Washijo was spitting out insults and useless advice, Wakatoshi's spikes were powerful and Semi's serves were perfect. Suddenly however, one of Wakatoshi's brutal spikes ended up hitting Hinata right in the face. The boy had managed to slow the ball down with his hands, but it still hit his nose and caused it to bleed. "Oh my goodness, Hinata! Are you okay?" I ran over to him. "C'mon, I'll take you to the infirmary," I pulled him out of the gym and towards the nearest nurses office.