25: Kei Tsukishima - Just Friends (Lemon)

Warning! As a lemon, there's sexual content within this oneshot!

Requested byPockeysareweebsticks

 Tadashi Yamaguchi, Kei Tsukishima and I had been best friends since we were in junior school. Kei and I were already friends when he saved Tadashi from the bullies, and we became good friends when he started playing volleyball with him. The three of us hung out during break times in the classroom, as well as during their practice and after school. We were almost inseparable, and I always liked to poke fun at Kei's attitude. I still liked to poke fun at him, even though he had been my boyfriend for the past six months.

During the time in which I had started to grow a crush on Kei, Tadashi was caught in the middle. He knew of my crush on Kei, and knew of Kei's crush on me. According to Tadashi (who told me all of this after Kei and I had started dating), Kei always blushed, even if it was just a little, whenever Tadashi mentioned my name. Kei's actions and words were subtle, but enough for his best friend to pick up on the fact he had a crush on me. I chuckled when I learnt this information, and teased Kei which irritated him to no end but because it was me I was able to get away with it.

Kei was never one for public displays of affection, keeping the cuddles and kisses mainly behind closed doors, but there was the occasional peck and hand holding, mainly initiated by me. I didn't mind it so much, but it did surprise me with how protective he could be. He'd never verbally confront anyone who may have been showing me any interest, but it was these moments when he'd initiate PDA that came mostly in the form of hand-holding. I could immediately detect his protective mode by his slightly scrunched eyebrows, as he tended to just have a relaxed expression most of the time.

Exam times were approaching, and two out of three of us were studying hard to make sure we got a good grade. Tadashi and I always worked hard, but Kei just seemed content with getting a passing grade which he always managed to do. Because of mine and Tadashi's desire to do well in our exams, we'd always study together after he was finished practicing his jump-float serves with my older brother, Makoto. Tadashi was terrible at English Language whilst I specialised in it, and it was also pretty convenient that I was terrible at maths which he specialised in. We had tried inviting Kei to some of our study sessions but he always refused which disheartened me a little. I had thought that maybe he'd want to spend time with his girlfriend and best friend, but it turned out that wasn't the case.

The exams were a fortnight away, and I heard learnt from the two boys that they needed to get passing grades in order to attend a volleyball camp in Tokyo. When morning break came around, Tadashi and I would usually go to sit at Kei's desk with him, but instead I went to sit at his so we could get straight down to studying. "C'mon, it's English today," I said to him, pulling out my textbook. He laughed and the two of us got down to business, me pointing out various definitions of words. I glanced over to Kei seeing him sat at his desk, staring at the two of us. I tried to beckon him over whilst smiling sweetly, but he just turned the other way and looked out the window.

During lunch of that day he seemed his normal self, letting me rest my body up against his arm once I had finished eating. Over the past few days however he had been acting a little cold towards me and I had no idea why. I couldn't think of a single reason why he would be acting this way, and when I voiced my worries to Tadashi he said he had noticed Kei's difference in behaviour, but he too didn't know why. As Kei was away from the lunch table to get a drink from the vending machine, I turned to Tadashi and turned my voice low. "So how's the flirting with Yachi going?" I asked, knowing of his crush on their new manager. Kei didn't know about his feelings for Yachi simply because Tadashi was worried that Kei would mock him about it; I tried to assure him he wouldn't and deep down he knew that was true, but he just kept it to me and took my advice.