34: Asahi Azumane - Rumours

Note: fluff OVERLOAD

 I was the younger sister of Daichi, the volleyball captain, and was in my second year at Karasuno High. I was a lot like my brother in the sense that I was mature, outgoing and blunt, and it was these factors that made me a strong contender to be student president when I enrolled into my third year. Despite being a lot like my brother, I didn't possess his scary nature. Daichi often used this upper hand to scare off any possible boyfriends, him assuring me that if they didn't impress him then they weren't worthy of me. I appreciated the fact he was protective but he had immensely high standards, so it felt as though I was never going to meet anyone.

I had just finished my student council duties for the evening, it taking longer than expected. It was almost 20:00 which meant that Daichi's volleyball practice would be coming to an end, so it only made sense for me to find him and walk home with him. I had met his volleyball team a fair few teams, some of them feeling incredibly cautious about approaching me in fear of making my brother mad.

When I did go to meet the team I particularly enjoyed talking to Suga, Daichi not seeming to mind our semi-close relationship. Ennoshita was always kind and calm to me unlike the other second years who were either scared to approach me or overly hyperactive. There was one player however who worried me, and I was surprised not only that he was on the team, but that Daichi and Suga were actually friends with him.

His name was Asahi Azumane. There had been many, many rumours about the guy, one being that he had been held back multiple years and was really twenty-five. I was surprised the club would even let someone who shouldn't still be in school into the team - I would've thought my brother would've sternly turned him away. Azumane was however the leader of a violent gang, and not much scared my brother but I imagined that would be one thing. I could picture the tall, broad, intimidating looking man carry a knife. Not only that, but he was apparently associated with drug dealers. I didn't even know there were any drug-dealers in our small mountainside town, but I guess he was one of them.

It wasn't just the rumours however, he definitely didn't appear approachable. His long hair, dark eyes and stubble enforced the fact he was over aged, but he was annoyingly slightly attractive. Had he of actually been a good, sweet person who was our age, I might've actually fallen for him.

It was odd though, despite having heard all of these rumours about him I did often hear people calling him weak. This confused me given the fact so many people spoke about the gang he was a leader of and the fact he was a drug dealer. 'They must have the wrong Azumane...' I always thought. My brother however would never know someone like that, let alone allow them onto his team, after all he wanted to be a police officer.

Whatever the truth, Azumane still scared me. Unfortunately for me, I stepped into the gym just as Azumane had spiked the volleyball immensely powerfully. It sent nervous shivers down my spine as it slammed down on the floor, bouncing off to the other side of the gym. I gulped, as despite being a lot like my brother I didn't have the strong nerve he had. I just shuffled against the side of the gyms wall, sitting down on the bench along the side. I smiled at my brother before feelings eyes on me. I was surprised to see Azumane looking at me, his cheeks red. As soon as he saw me having caught him he snapped his head away, choosing to look anywhere else. Chills ran through my body as I averted my eyes, scared about what he was thinking .

"Oi, Ace," Daichi's deep voice rang throughout the gym in a deadly tone. "Serve." He was using his angry voice much to my surprise, and I saw Azumane whimper. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering if he had a second personality he used whilst at the club and school.

I sat and watched silently, flinching a little at Azumane's strong serve. It was admittedly impressive, but his strength was intimidating just like his looks. When the end of practice came, the large majority of the team walked in the same direction and I always made sure I was away from Azumane, unsure on what he was truly like. I stood by my brother and Suga, whilst Azumane walked behind me with Nishinoya by his side. I felt uncomfortable, glancing behind me subtly and catching him looking directly at me. He sharply turned his head away and I couldn't help but walk closer to my brother. He was usually so protective over me when it came to guys, so how did he not see that Azumane was making me uncomfortable?