Chapter 4

Jax Anders

I was woken up by my little sister, jasmine jumping on me telling me to wake up. I groaned before telling her to go and tell mom I was up.

I really just wanted to sleep today and skip but my mom demanded me to go in and I don't think I want to see her angry because it's not a pretty sight.

I went and took a shower and then got dressed in black jeans and a black t-shirt with a denim jacket and put on a pair of vans (outfit above) I then sprayed some cologne and I was ready.

I went downstairs and grabbed a piece of toast before saying goodbye to my mom and jasmine. I went inside the garage to my baby.

I have a black dodge hellcat (picture above) which I got a couple months ago for my 18th birthday. I got it with my money from street racing and it is my pride and joy.

I have been racing ever since I turned 17 because it helps my family financially and I love the feeling of racing and the adrenaline rush you get whilst doing it.

I got inside and started it up and made my way to school. Whilst driving I began thinking about the girl I met in the hallway and for some strange reason I felt guilty for the way I spoke to her.

If it was anyone else I wouldn't even give it a second thought. I huffed when I saw the school gates and contemplated if I should just turn around and go home but I refrained.

I decided to wait in my car for a bit because I hated homeroom and then I might go into my first lesson. 8:30 pulls around and I decided that it was best to go in before the school called my mom.

I slammed open the door to my History lesson and rolled my eyes when I felt everyone's eyes on me. I told sir I didn't feel like coming into his lesson because his lessons are pretty shit.

He seemed really angry at my reply but he knew it was better for him to leave me alone.

I walked to the only free seat and as I sat down I was engulfed in a strong smell of coconut and vanilla which instantly relaxed me.

Only then did I realise I was sat next to the girl from the hallway. Her long hair was tucked behind her ear and a line had formed in between her eyebrows from when she was thinking.

I mentally slapped myself for staring at her and not even trying to be discreet about it. I nudged her and asked her what we were supposed to do so that it would be less obvious I was full on staring at her like a creep.

When she replied in her quiet voice I internally smiled. She was so cute. jeez where is Jax because I know for a fact Jax doesn't call girls 'cute'. I let out a long sign and tried to do some work.

As soon as the bell rang I got out of my seat so fast you would think it was on fire and tried to make my way out of the class because around this girl she makes me feel weird.

But in a good unknown way and I don't like that feeling.

Mr Green kept me and her behind and proceeds to tell us that she would be tutoring me because my grades are bad and for some reason I felt happy which angered me.

I vowed I would stay away from her yet here she will be tutoring me. Fuck sake! I replied with a strained yes and then walked out of the room.

I decided to skip the next lessons leading up to lunch because if I saw her I would feel that weird feeling again. so instead I got in my car and went for a drive.

I played music, I got food but all that time I couldn't get the thoughts of her out of my head. I know her name thanks to Mr Green. Azalea, such a beautiful name which definitely suits her.

I thought about the feeling I get when I'm around her but I need to fight this feeling.

I cant bring her into my shit life, I bet she has a great life, a perfect family and probably even a boyfriend.

I hear my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I take it out and realised Ryder has messaged me asking if I could come back to school.

I asked why and he said it was about the race on Friday so I complied and drove in the direction of the school. 10 minutes later, I reached the school. I parked my car and headed to the cafeteria.

I hate sitting inside the cafeteria, it's just a room which smells like old mac n cheese and you cant even hear yourself in there because of how loud it is. I only sit in there because Ryder and his sister sit in there.

Ryder and Amelia are the only people I trust in this school, and before you start wondering if I like Amelia, the answer is no she is like a little sister to me and Ryders like a brother.

As I came closer and closer to the table I realised there wasn't just the two of them but a petite girl with a head of brown hair sat with her back facing me.

The twins rarely invite new people to the table so she must be special. As Ryder got up to hug me, she turned around and I came face to face with Azalea.

I swear we are pulled together by an invisible magnetic force because she seems to be everywhere I am.

Once again I was weirdly excited from seeing her but I knew that I needed to show her my cold-hearted, arrogant self so I ignored her.

Every time she asked me something I wanted to reply to her and have a full conversation but I couldn't so instead I rolled my eyes at her and once again I felt guilty straight after.

I also realised she had a stutter. At first I thought she was just nervous because she was speaking to me (because lets be honest I can be pretty intimidating) but I soon realised she spoke to everyone with a stutter.

I wonder if she's always had a stutter or it was caused by something. The bell jolted me out of my thoughts and I got up and headed to my next class to try and get away from this girl.

Only did I remember she was tutoring me after school. Fuck this is gonna be interesting.

———————————————————-
🍿chapter 4 completed. I'm sorry this chapter is like the last chapter but in Jax's POV but I wanted you to see a bit of their home life for the start of this story 🥸anyways I hope you enjoyed 😁😁

Word count:1147