Chapter 28

Azalea Garcia

Three weeks have passed since the disaster of a party and it is the last week of school before Christmas break.

Thank god.

My brother fortunately didn't find out about what I got up to which I'm glad and when I woke up the next morning in Jax's bed I was shocked but not worried because I knew he wouldn't of done anything bad to me.

He even slept in his desk chair the whole night which made my feelings increase even more knowing that he assured that my safety was more important than his comfort.

I also have been at the garage quite a lot recently to save up money for everyone's Christmas presents, and my work had payed off.

Anywho.

School has gone all out with Christmas tinsel lining the hallways and a large Christmas tree in the main hall decorated terribly by the frail old woman from the front desk.

Why they chose her to do it I will never know.

I am currently sat in my 4th period art lesson bored out of my mind making paper chain Christmas trees. Jax is sat beside me throwing a paper ball up in the air.

"Jax please stop throwing the paper in the air and do something to help" Mrs Mund shouts across the classroom.

He rolls his eyes and throws the paper in the bin on the other side of the room perfectly.

I chuckle and he smiles at me. I continue cutting out the Christmas trees even though I wish I was doing anything but this.

Jax leans his head on my shoulder unexpectedly which makes me go bright red. I stop cutting and Jax lifts his head to look at me.

"What? I'm tired and you're comfy princess" he says before leaning his head back on my shoulder. I smile and carry on with my paper.

An hour passes and the bell rings for lunchtime. Jax is still lay on my shoulder signalling he has fallen asleep.

"Jax" I whisper and lightly shake his shoulder. He doesn't reply and I sigh. I slowly run my hand through his hair and he groans at the feeling.

His eyes open up and he removes his head off my shoulder. He smiles at me gratefully which I return.

I pack up my things and Jax does the same and we head down through the Christmassy hallways to the cafeteria.

"Azalea!" A familiar voice shouts. I turn around and see Max running towards us making me smile widely.

"Hi m-max!" I say cheerily. He bends over putting his hands on his knees to catch his breath. I look at Jax who rolls his eyes at Max's antics.

"Hi Azalea, can I speak to you for a sec" he asks. "Of course, wh-what's up?" I ask.

"Erm well it has come to mine and mr Greens attention that Jax hasn't been attending his tutoring lessons so I was wondering if you could take him back seems as you're friends" he says hopefully, pushing his glasses up.

"Since when have I become invisible, you could of spoke to me not Azalea" Jax scoffs from beside me.

I roll my eyes at him and focus back on Max. "Yes o-of course I will I'm s-sorry he's been causing y-you trouble" I smile.

He thanks me and walks off down the hall. "Care t-to explain why you h-haven't been going t-to your tutoring lessons?" I say sternly to Jax.

He sighs and looks down at me "because you weren't the one tutoring me" he mumbles. I couldn't help but my glare to fall off my face hearing those words.