Chapter 6

Azalea Garcia

⚠️mention of abuse.

*Flashback*

"Wake up you dumb bitch" I hear my dad shout in my ear. I tried to wake up but I was so tired from last nights beating I didn't have the energy to.

"I said wake up you whore!" He grabbed me by my hair and slammed my head into the wall. I feel blood drip down the side of my head and I began to feel dizzy.

"You need to learn some respect. When I tell you to get up you do what I say you hear me" my father slurs.

I nod my head weakly. He gives me a few punches and kicks on my stomach and then tells me to clean the house whilst he's gone.

Before getting out of the door he murmurs how he wished I wasn't born and that no one would ever love me. I guess he's right.

*Flashback over*

I jolt awake from my nightmare shaking, with sweat dripping down my head. I could hear my brothers footsteps so he must of heard me wake up.

"Are you okay, did you have another nightmare?" He asked. I just nod my head tiredly.

I hadn't had a nightmare in three days so I'm not surprised that I had one tonight. Aster lays with me stroking my hair until I fall into a deep sleep.

*The next morning*

When I woke up a couple hours after I had managed to fall asleep I felt physically drained. My brother offered me to stay at home but I said no because if I stayed here I would just think about the nightmare all day.

The truth be told my brother feels guilty to this day because of my nightmares. When my mom died my brother was in college so he didn't live with us.

At first my dad just got drunk but I knew he was trying to cope with moms death. But then he started calling me names and then he started to physically hurt me.

I didn't tell anyone, not even my brother because I felt like he wouldn't believe me and then he would hate me.

I kept this secret for 5 years until my brother came round to see me, and saw me lay on the floor in a pool of blood, with my dad throwing punches at my face. My brother packed all my things and told me to go with him.

He was hurt when I told him the reason why I didn't tell him but he also felt angry at himself for not realising. Like when I would hug him and I would squeeze my eyes shut so I wouldn't let out a cry of pain or all the excuses I made if he found a bruise.

My dad is in prison now and won't be out for a long time which puts me at ease. And now I just want to focus on my new life and forget about my horrible past.

(Outfit above) Anyway, I got dressed into a black 'prince' t-shirt and black jogging pants with my air forces and a Louis Vuitton bag.

I let my hair stay in it's natural waves and then put on some mascara, lipgloss and perfume and I was ready.

My outfit today wasn't what I would usually wear to school but I had no energy to look good today.

I got in my brothers car and lay my head on the window and closed my eyes to try and get a couple minutes of sleep.

I felt my shoulder being shook so I lifted my head off the window and noticed we were at school. I said goodbye to my brother and went inside.

Third lesson I had art. I hadn't had this lesson yet so I was interested in who would be in my class.

I went and took a seat by the window at the back of the classroom so I could lay my head down on the desk and try and sleep for a while. I started to drift off when I felt a presence beside me.

I looked up to be met with Jax. I couldn't be bothered being nice to him because I knew he would just be rude to me.

I huffed and lay my head back on the table. God I want this lesson to end!

Jax Anders

When Azalea answered her phone call last I felt myself get extremely angry because she was speaking to a boy.

I hate feeling like this I have no right to feel like this. It was probably her boyfriend I mean I wouldn't be surprised she is very beautiful.

Not long after she had left my mom came upstairs and told me about how respectful she was.

I grunted knowing that she was so nice. Maybe if she was a bitch like Hailey the queen bee at our school then maybe I wouldn't feel like this.

Then when I came into art this morning I saw her straight away. Her long hair was feathered across the table and her head was laying on her crossed arms.

She must of been asleep which was surprising seems as she was usually sat paying attention to the teachers every word.

Before I could think about what I was doing my legs had started to walk to the seat next to her. I sat down and saw her look up at me.

She had dark eye bags under her eyes and she looked really tired. I thought she was going to speak to me but instead she huffed before putting her head back down on the desk.

I chuckled to myself, she looked pretty cute when she was sleeping.Jax shut up. 10 minutes later, I was still intrigued on why she was acting like this.

she looks extremely pretty. Where is the Jax we know and love?!.

I sighed and shook her shoulder. She grumbled before looking up at me with an annoyed look on her face.

"Just wanted to ask if you were ok" I asked in a weird soft voice that I wasn't used to using.

She lay her head back on her arms but still carried on facing me. "I-I didn't get m-much S-sleep last n-night" she replied with a Hesitant look on her face.

I decided to drop my next question and instead nodded and then looked back to the front of the class.

40 minutes later, the bell went and I went to get up but before I did I threw an energy bar out of my bag on the table. She looked at me before saying a small thank you and put it in her bag.

I nodded before making my way out of the classroom. This girl was changing me and I don't  even know it.

———————————————————
🍿chapter 6 completed. I hope you enjoyed this chapter 😁
Word count:1162