Epilogue

Azalea Garcia

6 years later

"Kai! I've t-told you to stop chasing your s-sister around with y-your dirty socks!" I shout across the kitchen, trying to concentrate on the pan of meatballs I was stirring.

I hear his little feet stop hitting the floor as his giggle stops and I smile.

Finally.

Peace.

"I'm telling mama!" My daughter shouts.

God give me strength.

"Mama Kai pulled on graces piggy tailss" my daughter whines.

My daughters name is grace. Why she refers to herself in third person I will never know.

"Kai. Please b-behave how would you f-feel if grace pulled on y-your hair" I sigh as they circle around my feet bickering.

"I'd be angry I guess" he mumbles rolling his eyes.

Just like his dad.

"Exactly so a-apologise to your sister a-and both of y-you wash your hands dinners n-nearly ready ok" I say kneeling down next the both of them.

He mumbles a small sorry to her and they both rush out the kitchen to the bathroom sink.

I chuckle to myself as I see my kids run off.

Everything is finally how I've always wanted it.

I have a lovely home.

A loving, incredible husband.

Two beautiful kids, even though having 4yr old twins is a handful.

And even a Labrador dog named buddy.

My dad was sentenced to 25 years in prison for abduction, drug trafficking, child abuse, sexual assault the list goes on.

But of course the pathetic man killed himself in prison. He treated so many people so poorly and still managed to get himself out of any type of pain.

As for my mother.

My dear mother.

My dad shot her right in front of my eyes in that warehouse.

She was killed right in front of me.

I wish to this day I did something to protect her from him, but I've learnt that I couldn't of done anything.

I had councilling after high school and still go every so often now.

I would like to say I have become a lot more confident in myself and have learnt to not blame myself for everything.

My moms grave is nearby our house too so me and the kids can visit her anytime we like. And as for the grave in my old town.

That was dug up and found empty of course. The fact my dad went and even faked her death and her grave makes me feel sick to my stomach but atleast I know now she's resting peacefully.

"Babies! Daddy's home!" I hear Jax shout as he opens the front door.

I hear their little footsteps race through the hallway to their dad. I listen to him make them laugh and give them kisses.

I couldn't of wished for a better father for our children.

"Go and sit at the table, dinners ready" he tells them. They run back into the kitchen and sit at the dining table.

I turn off the hob and start dishing the food onto the plates. Large hands wrap around my waist as Jax kisses my neck and rests his chin on my shoulder.