☞︎𝚝𝚎𝚗❦ 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊...

❦༒❦

[𝟸:𝟺𝟻𝚊𝚖]
[𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍]

❦༒❦

[𝚢 / 𝚗 '𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚅]

❦༒❦

Overthinking.

It's funny how our own thoughts can twist everything you know.

Just when you're sure about something, you're brain can make you more unsure than you started with.

Instability.

My head pounded late in the evening...or early morning.

Clay was in the other room, a few steps away. With the thin walls of my overpriced LA apartment, if I concentrated hard enough, I could hear his deep breaths.

He was using Sage's room as the couch seemed uncomfortable to sleep on for a long period of time.

I remember shooting her the text earlier, hey, can Clay sleep in your room, I want him to be comfortable

God...I must've sounded like a clingy bitch. I always have to rely on Sage. I'm a grown ass woman and I can't even make myself a meal without it tasting like ass.

What if my cockiness was annoying? Sure it was fun to act so bold but was it fun for others?

Pity, pity is the real reason everyone stays.

My breathing began getting heavy, not from drowsiness but from my breath catching in my throat.

My phone rang, I didn't bother to check the caller ID as I picked up.

"Hi..." I tried to get my composure together.

A silence met the air before an all too familiar voice met my ear. "Are...are you crying?"

The silence was too loud.

It's all so incredibly loud...

"Listen, take a deep breath..." I followed his instructions. "You're okay...you're safe..."

It wasn't quite what I needed...but it calmed me down.

"Sorry to bother you so late,"

"That's okay."

"Why are you up in the first place?"

"I could ask you the same." I smiled though he couldn't see it.

"I actually just woke up."

"Fair enough,"

His voice was soft and his demeanour calm. "So, why were you crying?"

"Just...late night thoughts."

"Oh, I'm sorry..."