☞︎𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

❦༒❦

[3:35pm]
[unedited]

❦༒❦

[𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚅]

❦༒❦

Five years, seven heartbreaks and yet none of them hurt as much as July 12th 2021.

That day I got a phone call. A phone call that was awaited all day and yet it still had me biting nails in anticipation.

I cant say that it was unexpected but I can't say that I was prepared either.

❦༒❦

"Will!" Your voice sounds so excited.

That usually made a smile stretch my mouth but I just bit the inside of my cheek.

"How did it go?" I asked the dreaded, unavoidable question.

"Really good...yeah." You giggled. "He still loves me!"

And I love you, I wanted to yell but my voice refused it. My voice allowed a chuckle and a small cheer instead as the back of my eyes stung.

"It's all thanks to you!" You say after a while. "I don't think that I would've had the courage if you didn't give me that little push."

Oh.

I could've prevented this, I could've taken my moment.

Would you be this happy with me?

Instead I settled with a...

"I'm glad."

❦༒❦

Now I watch as you get prepared, friends surrounding you - making sure you look perfect. You still do, regardless of what you wear...but the white gown truly looks like it was made for you.

You had a big smile on your face, my love. His...his love.

I hovered in the door frame, leaning on the heels of the expensive shoes that were waiting this occasion.

Our eyes connected.

A smile bloomed on your face as you yelled my name with joy.

"Will!"

"Hey," I greeted, opening my arms for that familiar feeling.

You walked over, stumbling slightly on the hem of the dress. Your friends warn you about getting it creased, the only response was a dismissive laugh.

And there it is, the warmth of your hug...but the usual soft material of a hoodie was replaced by intricate lace and itchy fabrics.

Oh.

"Are you ready?"

You shrugged with a little laugh.