☞︎𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 ❦ 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚕𝚢

❦༒❦

[𝟿:𝟹𝟿am]
[unedited]

❦༒❦

[𝚢 / 𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚅]

❦༒❦

I thought I had lost my mind.

His voice echoed through the apartment.

The slight Scottish accent mixed with the heavily American one. It certainly brought me back.

But he was there, he was real. I looked though the peephole and the he was.

I debated just ignoring him and going back to my day but he sighed and smiled. "I know you're there, darling."

"Don't call me that." I whispered. It felt like poison to my skin, my blood ran colder. The nickname felt like cold, liquid gold when Clay said it - soothing the toxicity that came from the man outside.

"Just open the door." He grunted, pushing against it harshly.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, fed up already. "Just go away."

"Make me."

I raised an eyebrow at this, quickly running upstairs and into Sage's room. I knew exactly what I was looking for and where it was. The bat.

I grabbed it, not intending to actually use it but copying Sage's body language and swinging it over my shoulder. I exhaled shakily and opened the door.

He took one glance at me and chuckled nervously. "Woah there darling, you would never...hurt me." It sounded unsure as the words spewed from his mouth.

"What's stopping me?"

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "I'm just here to talk...please." Jason seemed desperate enough.

I knew I shouldn't have but I just lowered the bat and leaned on it. "Ten minutes..." I set a timer on my phone and set it on a little table by the door.

"I need you..."

"No you don't...you used me."

"I don't think you understand..."

I laughed. "Oh I understand alright...I've had three months to understand." Looking him in the eyes, I sneered. "Do you know how much of a hell it was to sit alone at night thinking I wasn't good enough?!"

"You're good enough to me! I always told you that you were the better version of me..."

"Did you? I can't remember a single time I heard that." Now he was just lying to me. I discarded the bat to the side of me, the dense metal crashing to the ground, he jumped slightly.

He swiftly changed the subject. "I'm still madly in love with you."

"Then why cheat."

He looked like a deer in headlights but his eyes were apologetic. "I don't know...I don't know..."

He repeated it. Why did he seem genuine?