Chapter 16: The County Fair

(A/N: Ok so, I know nobody reads this story, but this chapter is basically the inspiration for this fanfic. Like every time I watch episode 6 I just lose my mind because Miss Stacy is so fine when she shoots all the glass bottles. But anyways, that's all, enjoy!)

"So Miss Stacy just gave you her pants then?" Gil said, smiling. I rolled my eyes.

"They didn't fit her anymore. I'll wear them sometime. You'll see," I said, and he chuckled, fixing his shirt and vest.

"Do I look ok? I'm nervous," he said, sighing and putting his hat on.

"You look handsome, Gil. Winifred's parents are going to love you," I said, looking through my closet for a dress to wear.

I smiled, shooing Gil out and changing into it, fixing my hair up, and grabbing a hat with a green ribbon

I smiled, shooing Gil out and changing into it, fixing my hair up, and grabbing a hat with a green ribbon. I pulled up my stockings, laced my boots, and brushed off the dress.

I hoped Miss Stacy would like it.

Was I crazy?

Yes.

But crazy and in love are two similar things, separated by a fine line.

I got downstairs, and the four of us, Gilbert, Bash, Delphine, and me, headed out.

The fair was beautiful, and I was shocked by the hot air balloon. To think our umbilical cord would be severed from Mother Earth felt unthinkable in truth.

We had learned to fly.

There was music, games, food, contests, attractions like the tunnel of love.

It was all so interesting.

"Ah, there she is," Gil said.

I turned, and our two families met, shaking hands, making introductions.

"It is so nice to finally meet the sister Gilbert loves to talk about so very much," Winifred said, and he and I smiled at each other.

"Very nice to finally meet the lady who makes him start singing and blushing every weekend," I said, and she giggled, smiling at him.

We all walked together for a bit, and eventually I got bored, so I respectfully excused myself and went to explore.

I smiled, watching Billy Andrews fail to hit the bell at the top of the game.

I felt a hand tap my shoulder.

"Jerry? How are you?" I asked, smiling and hugging him.

"(Y/N). I'm well, how are you?" He asked sheepishly.

"I'm good, Jerry. I'm so sorry I haven't visited you more. I try and go whenever Gilbert wants to visit Anne," I said, and we both laughed.

"It's alright. I finished the book, by the way," he said. I smiled.