Chapter 28: Trains <3

Final chapter :( 

----------

I sighed. It was like coming back from Diana's all over again.

Everything felt different, despite being the same.

Five year old Delphine rushed in.

"Aunty!" She said, hugging me.

I giggled, swinging her around in my arms.

"You're so big now!" I said, smiling and kissing her forehead.

"It's good to see you, (Y/N)," Bash said, and I nodded, hugging him.

"Can I show you the toy my daddy made me?" She asked, tugging at my skirt. I nodded, smiling.

I was 22 now, and just back from college.

It had been inspiring to receive a higher level of education, despite how homesick I got.

It was so strange now too. Delphine was grown up, and the house was filled with toys. At least Bash had remained the same.

"Look!" She said, showing me a wooden horse that rocked back and forth. I smiled, watching her giggle as she rode it.

"Do you know when Gilbert is due back?" Sebastian asked me, averting his gaze from Delphine.

"He gets back this weekend. He's going to propose to Anne first, between you and me," I said, and he gave me a childish grin, doing a small dance.

Delphine had busied herself with some other toy, and I took the chance to go upstairs.

I sighed as I entered my room, which remained untouched.

I sighed, sitting on my bed.

I unpacked all my clothes.

As I did, I recalled something and smiled.

I had a plan.

—————

I brushed out the skirt. I'd worn the outfit Muriel had gotten me before, but she'd never seen me wear it.

She didn't yet know I was back.

I sighed, looking myself in the mirror one more time before heading out.

I swallowed, fidgeting nervously with my gloves the whole time.

It was about time.

She'd be coming out any minute.

I sighed, pacing nervously in front of her house.

Perhaps she'd already left? No. She never left this early. Unless she was tutoring a student?

I paced a bit more, looking for any sign of her.

Suddenly, I heard the door creek, and I looked over.

She hadn't noticed me yet. She turned, locking the door and moving to walk down the steps before she saw.

Her eyes went wide and her lips parted.

"(Y/N)..." she muttered, shocked. I smiled, and she immediately rushed down the steps.

"(Y/N)!"

She embraced me, lifting me off my feet and swinging me around.

I giggled, kissing her when she put me down.

"Oh I've missed you so. Is this for good or just a visit?" She asked as we walked hand in hand.

"For good. I would've told you but- well I wanted to surprise you," I said.

"You look so beautiful in it," she said, and we stopped walking.